• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of Carlos Santos Oxfords. Would I be correct in saying mostly everyone here is pleased with the quality and longevity of their shoes?

I would say there are few options in the same price range that have such good lasts, leather quality, and longevity. My oldest pair is going on 4 years and they still look and feel amazing.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of Carlos Santos Oxfords. Would I be correct in saying mostly everyone here is pleased with the quality and longevity of their shoes?
I have a pair of CS handgrade oxfords. At the price, very good leather, nice finishing and full stacked leather heels. What other brands of shoes have you tried?

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I have a pair of CS handgrade oxfords. At the price, very good leather, nice finishing and full stacked leather heels. What other brands of shoes have you tried?
Just AE. Which I love. But CS has Norte and I want that on an oxford.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Just AE. Which I love. But CS has Norte and I want that on an oxford.
The CS oxfords are a step above the AE oxfords I have in terms of materials and finishing. I was impressed by CS when I did a side by side comparison with my AE. At the same price point, CS is truly a better value. I had a great customer service experience with Kostas of the noble shoe. Would like to hear your impressions of how your CS oxfords compare to AE.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you all wondering what Adam is expecting.

845806B1-E810-4627-9402-76DF401E3126.jpeg

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I can remove it ? trying to keep the thread alive it’s a shame not more post here
Nah it's alright. I think the Carlos Santos brand needs to spread more to the US. At a non sale price it is comparable with AE but at a somewhat better quality. Getting them in US retail stores would help.

hicsuget

Reaction score
I received my CS wholecuts in wine shadow patina from The Noble Shoe today. It was less than three weeks from my order being placed to the shoes being delivered to the US. I am thrilled with the quality—these are definitely a step up from AE, of which I have a closet-full. I will be buying more.
PXL_20210808_173539196.jpg

Does anyone out there have any shoes in the petro shadow patina? I'm wondering how it compares to norte.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I received my CS wholecuts in wine shadow patina from The Noble Shoe today. It was less than three weeks from my order being placed to the shoes being delivered to the US. I am thrilled with the quality—these are definitely a step up from AE, of which I have a closet-full. I will be buying more.
View attachment 1650473
Does anyone out there have any shoes in the petro shadow patina? I'm wondering how it compares to norte.
How do they fit?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1650473
Glad you like them :)

petro Shadow is the nicest patina in my opinion.
DF20C1FE-D593-4362-9B1F-4E71770F7568.jpeg 122675DF-1EB5-4ADC-92AC-B9CACD86ACEA.jpeg

hicsuget

Reaction score
How do they fit?

Kostas gave great fit advice—they seem to fit perfectly, although I haven't walked around in them much or worn them outside yet. In US styles I'm a 10E, and I was worried a UK 9E wouldn't be wide enough. My outer toes slightly contact the outside of the shoe, but that might go away as I break them in. A 9.5 would have been too big in this style. There seems to be a bit of heel slippage, but if it becomes a problem a thin tongue pad will take care of it.

Glad you like them :)

petro Shadow is the nicest patina in my opinion.

Those petro shoes do look very nice. It's a bit hard to tell the exact color—are those somewhere between green and blue?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kostas gave great fit advice—they seem to fit perfectly, although I haven't walked around in them much or worn them outside yet. In US styles I'm a 10E, and I was worried a UK 9E wouldn't be wide enough. My outer toes slightly contact the outside of the shoe, but that might go away as I break them in. A 9.5 would have been too big in this style. There seems to be a bit of heel slippage, but if it becomes a problem a thin tongue pad will take care of it.

Those petro shoes do look very nice. It's a bit hard to tell the exact color—are those somewhere between green and blue?
Sounds like you are a bit of a UK 9.75 it’s quite normal.

Petro shadow is teal. A mix of blue and green.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics