• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ijustknow

Reaction score
Kostas: I've never seen info on style sites about Santos's handcrafted lineup. How are the leathers and structures different from their regular wares?

That's a good looking design as well. I've never seen its like before.
I unboxed one pair, maybe you can have a look.

ijustknow

Reaction score
It ages perfectly!
I don't agree, 75% of my shoes must be patinas. I feel they age great. Here's my double monks from 2018 in wine shadow. I say they age great.

I am not thrilled with how my TLB vegano leather looks but that's my personal preference. Both are great options and you should not worry about anything. In the end, pick the one that is more visually appealing to you. Patinas add a bit more flair and flamboyance in a way or a special touch.
View attachment 1557102 View attachment 1557103 View attachment 1557104

compuccesory

Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm eyeing the brown balmoral boot that you have on your site pretty hard. There's a UK 7.5 left. I am a US9 on Brannock and am comfortable with a 8.5EEE on Allen Edmonds 65, and find the Meermin Dani in size 8 to be snug. Would the 7.5 work for me?
if you are a EEE it might be a tight fit for you in the beginning. I do have a black balmoral in size 8 tho from my private collection for sale unworn.

compuccesory

Reaction score
if you are a EEE it might be a tight fit for you in the beginning. I do have a black balmoral in size 8 tho from my private collection for sale unworn.

I'm not an EEE on Brannock, I just size downhalf a size and go EEE with Allen Edmonds because AE 65 runs long and narrow. I generally go with 9 in other makes. But I think I should probably pass, too risky.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not an EEE on Brannock, I just size downhalf a size and go EEE with Allen Edmonds because AE 65 runs long and narrow. I generally go with 9 in other makes. But I think I should probably pass, too risky.
Yes it’s probably wise to do so.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever sample or shell cordovan Santos.

250B6308-FB11-4109-88EA-5E5DEAAB9A74.jpeg

shoes83

Reaction score
I've never handled one of those. I respect the tradition, but it's not really my style.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never handled one of those. I respect the tradition, but it's not really my style.
The ones I am making are these in the leather above. It was just a sample :)

Attachments

• 096E9952-0E2F-4793-A8EC-51A5163B3CEB.jpeg
    096E9952-0E2F-4793-A8EC-51A5163B3CEB.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 125

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of Carlos Santos Oxfords. Would I be correct in saying mostly everyone here is pleased with the quality and longevity of their shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads