• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parting with some shoes and boots that don't fit me as well as I would. All size UK 8 and last 160, 234, 333. Both new and used.

Gutted about the shadow black chelseas, might have to reorder them on last 401.

20201129_140212.jpg
20201129_140812.jpg
20201129_141837.jpg
20201129_142435.jpg
20201129_143010.jpg
20201129_154159.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what color was the darker chelsea, purple ish black/grey? really like the color

wdrenth

Reaction score
@Schweino : nice collection for sale, also the other brands
As I have never tried the Z160 last from CS, how does this last fit compared to, for example, the Z234 and/or Z401, or maybe even the Z187?

Joefitz

Reaction score
This may be a silly question. My first "real" shoe is Carols Santos patina goodyear welt. i wear the outside heels on on my shoes very fast. Should I put those plastic heel guards on? How much does it cost to replace the back rubber part if I wear it down?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Schweino : nice collection for sale, also the other brands
As I have never tried the Z160 last from CS, how does this last fit compared to, for example, the Z234 and/or Z401, or maybe even the Z187?

160 has a low instep and a tight heel. 234 is much more roomy, especially in the forefoot area. 187 is qiute slim, I need to size up in that last. Similar to Carmina simpson imo

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be a silly question. My first "real" shoe is Carols Santos patina goodyear welt. i wear the outside heels on on my shoes very fast. Should I put those plastic heel guards on? How much does it cost to replace the back rubber part if I wear it down?
I can put you an extra 1.5 vibram heel and city sole, it’s a good extra protection. Rubber will simply be eaten with wear and time it’s how it is if you wear them often

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the GMTO Adelaide in Guimaraes Patina on Noble Shoe, and the one pictured here looks a fair amount lighter in color (particularly in the side shots) than the Guimaraes I have and have seen in other photos. It almost looks more like Algarve. Does anyone know if the shoe pictured is the way the GMTO will look?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the GMTO Adelaide in Guimaraes Patina on Noble Shoe, and the one pictured here looks a fair amount lighter in color (particularly in the side shots) than the Guimaraes I have and have seen in other photos. It almost looks more like Algarve. Does anyone know if the shoe pictured is the way the GMTO will look?
Hello, it is my fault actually. It used to be a multi patina GMTO but I narrowed it down to Guimaraes a few days ago. The color you should expect is the main picture one. I will update them during the weekend as I am swarmed.

Edit: Correct pictures updated now :)

Last edited:

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, it is my fault actually. It used to be a multi patina GMTO but I narrowed it down to Guimaraes a few days ago. The color you should expect is the main picture one. I will update them during the weekend as I am swarmed.

Edit: Correct pictures updated now :)
Thanks. What was the lighter color in the later pictures? Was it the Algarve?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually liked that one better. Looked beautiful. Will wait until I can get an adelaide in that color. Thanks
Thanks, I have previously done 3 gmtos on that color so I wanted something different. I am stocking the Guimaraes so we will see what we do with the algarve one!

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, looking back I see you did an adelaide in algarve in the spring. I wasn't looking at SF much at that time. Let me know if you ever offer it again. Beautiful shoe

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, looking back I see you did an adelaide in algarve in the spring. I wasn't looking at SF much at that time. Let me know if you ever offer it again. Beautiful shoe
Thank you but I am not an affiliate so I cannot promote anything here :) it will be back for sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads