• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Citizen_Thompa

Reaction score
I would say that the CS 401 last and the Yanko 915 last are both anything but chunky. Maybe the CS 401 is a bit rounder, but certainly both look elongated and sleek.

Via the Patina program, the 7991 is available with a leather sole (via the Noble Shoe). Color choice is a personal matter I would say, not necessarily coupled to the climatic region.

I should have maybe be a bit more clear in my writing. Is thenobleshoe.com the only ones offering the Carlos Santos Chukkas with a rubber sole?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two questions:

Anyone know how slim the Carlos Santos chukka boots 7991 is compared to Yanko's chukkas?
https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/269-45659-chukka-boot-dark-brown.html#/70-size-39_uk_5

Is anyone of them a bit more "chunky/wide" compared to the other?

Also does anyone knows if Carlos Santos only does the Chukkas 7991 in leather sole? I am aware that thenobleshoe.com has their Chukkas in Coimbra Patina with a Dainite sole, but I would like them in Braga color if possible. Is the Coimbra the only color choice right now (If you want the chukkas in a rubber sole) if you live in a colder climate?

Thanks in advanced for answering my questions.
Hi, I can't speak for Skolyx but you should size down half on the Santos Chukkas unless you have pretty wide feet from your regular UK.

I am probably the only one retailing them in Dainite yes. The ones coming through the Patina Service are only with a leather sole. However I do offer the chance to add a city sole through my shop if you really want Braga Patina.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's way too quiet in this thread....

CS field boots for Skoaktiebolaget

20201020_095856.jpg
20201020_093352.jpg
20201020_111558.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except for the blacks, they all look cheap,
which they are. The egregious antiquing
is a giveaway.

Betta

Reaction score
Except for the blacks, they all look cheap,
which they are. The egregious antiquing
is a giveaway.
The hand patina which requires talent and is expensive you think look cheap? Could you elaborate?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a good deal of natural light in the pic. Pretty sure it's Norte Patina (says so on the invoice).
And thanks!:)
Another pic of the boots:
View attachment 1483357
Ah thank you that is more like it. I am curious because Light Norte is the ONLY patina I have never seen in real life. I have seen all other 20-21.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads