• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Algarve. Part of a current Handgrade GMTO and definitely one of my favorite Patinas.
Photo 2020-01-23, 14 48 35.jpg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So finally I decided to become an affiliate, which means I can talk a little more freely finally!

So any questions about Carlos Santos or inquiries about GMTOs, I can take care!

Here's a shot I took today while on quarantine as a precaution at home of my first ever Carlos Santos Wine Shadow Monks. Almost 2 years old or so. Pretty happy about how little creasing I have had with so much wear.
IG15-1.jpg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received a GMTO Interest check from a fellow member. Would any of you happening to be browsing this thread be interested in this make up? (Thank you Roger for the picture!).

View attachment 1359505
Even though I like the recent models you have posted, as I am in "quarantine mode" and I can't move from home, my interest in buying shoes or boots has dropped to zero. As we are living a very uncertain time that could last for a while, I enjoy the photos and make a mental list of what I would like when this nightmare has passed. Until then, I feel it's no time for shopping...

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I like the recent models you have posted, as I am in "quarantine mode" and I can't move from home, my interest in buying shoes or boots has dropped to zero. As we are living a very uncertain time that could last for a while, I enjoy the photos and make a mental list of what I would like when this nightmare has passed. Until then, I feel it's no time for shopping...
Don’t worry my friend! Priorities come first, shoes second!

LuxGentleman

Reaction score

Clifff

Reaction score
So finally I decided to become an affiliate, which means I can talk a little more freely finally!

Here's a shot I took today while on quarantine as a precaution at home of my first ever Carlos Santos Wine Shadow Monks. Almost 2 years old or so. Pretty happy about how little creasing I have had with so much wear.
View attachment 1355732

wow this pair is stunning. And I am amazed that they still look brand new!!!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow this pair is stunning. And I am amazed that they still look brand new!!!
Glad you like it Cliff. I take very good care of them. It is one of my favorite lasts too! If you have any CS related questions feel free to ask!

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Anyone know which Lazyman model this is? Found this from an old classfied ad

Full brogue lazyman In braga patina In 316 last,
Handgrade model
Single leather sole with closed channel stitching

1585692389622.png

moimael

Reaction score

View attachment 1355732

Congrats, they look fantastic! You seem to have the same "issue" as me on my Carlos Santos boots. The leather near the cap toe stitching stretching and not being dyed. I've only seen this on Carlos Santos shoes so far, why is that? (this is a super minor issue but I feel like there should be an easy way to solve it for them. I guess it's because the patina is made after the shoes are fully finished)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, they look fantastic! You seem to have the same "issue" as me on my Carlos Santos boots. The leather near the cap toe stitching stretching and not being dyed. I've only seen this on Carlos Santos shoes so far, why is that? (this is a super minor issue but I feel like there should be an easy way to solve it for them. I guess it's because the patina is made after the shoes are fully finished)
Good eye, but actually this is because I put a little more polish there and it created white residue which I saw after the picture! The Patina is indeed made after the shoes are finished.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads