• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a little different (for me, anyway). I've been wanting to try out something in an 'urban hiker' for purely casual wear (obviously) and these have really worked out very well. It was the colour that tipped me over the edge into an impulse buy. And now I'm open to another, though these don't seem to be carried by a lot of CS stockists.

orig.jpg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a little different (for me, anyway). I've been wanting to try out something in an 'urban hiker' for purely casual wear (obviously) and these have really worked out very well. It was the colour that tipped me over the edge into an impulse buy. And now I'm open to another, though these don't seem to be carried by a lot of CS stockists.

orig.jpg
I am getting these soon but with shearling. I find them excellent.

Attachments

• 74687753_1910997889046551_4159544352932102144_n.jpg
    74687753_1910997889046551_4159544352932102144_n.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 79

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice - where did you get them? I'd love to find the same without shearling.
If I tell you they will ban me again sorry. I made them all with shearling unfortunately. So MTO only.

You are welcome to DM me somewhere else for some info.

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Styles released today by CS as part of their new collection. A Longwing and a grain wingtip. I dig the Longwing quite a bit actually. Both are on the 437 Last.

Carlos Santos 9847 for The Noble Shoe.jpg
Carlos Santos 1046 for The Noble Shoe.jpg

jamie411

Reaction score

orig.jpg
Where did you get these? I’ve had my eyes peeled for some CS hikers and have seen some I liked but never enough to buy for various reasons.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you get these? I’ve had my eyes peeled for some CS hikers and have seen some I liked but never enough to buy for various reasons.
It is easy to make as a GMTO or MTO for a standard surcharge actually. It's how I made the Hiker with the shearling. You will rarely (if at all) find other online stockists with such models. CS sells to a lot of physical shops with no online presence so you need to be lucky i guess.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I post too much, but I want to keep this thread alive as this Brand means a lot to me. I get a lot of questions about how to take care of Patina Shoes.

It is not as hard as people think. Preston from The Elegant Oxford did a really nice video that I want to share. While I prefer using Bick4 rather than renovateur as I find it a little harsh on the Patinas, Neutral Polish and Wax works wonders on them. He also explains the differences between Oxfords, Derbys and Bluchers for those that are not so experienced.

Last edited:

gbandi

Reaction score

orig.jpg
This trekker from luxgentleman is even better. More rugged look. Bison print, algarve patina, under $250. Unfortunately sold out in my size

Attachments

• DDBE0A81-26B4-4020-B23A-182BF3D83721.png
    DDBE0A81-26B4-4020-B23A-182BF3D83721.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 64

Opethian

Reaction score
Sorry if I post too much, but I want to keep this thread alive as this Brand means a lot to me. I get a lot of questions about how to take care of Patina Shoes.

It is not as hard as people think. Preston from The Elegant Oxford did a really nice video that I want to share. While I prefer using Bick4 rather than renovateur as I find it a little harsh on the Patinas, Neutral Polish and Wax works wonders on them. He also explains the differences between Oxfords, Derbys and Bluchers for those that are not so experienced.

I see he used Renovateur in the video, but you do not recommend using it?
One more question, is the Carlos Santos regular line aniline dyed but the handgrade crust patina? So on the handgrade it's better to avoid renovateur but on the regular line it's fine?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads