• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of style would you guys want to see from Carlos Santos? Leather, Model, Stitching, Color etc. I have seen all of their FW20/21 Collection before it was released and I am curious. In the factory they had hundreds of models, many of them would make a fantastic GMTO. What are your thoughts?

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I like this for possible make-up. This is a model from a few years ago I believe that they made.

1581984881344.png

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this for possible make-up. This is a model from a few years ago I believe that they made.

View attachment 1338990
I have seen this one before, and Ana Santos could confirm the model, but you won't find this anywhere unless it is through a GMTO. If you are interested I can ask her what it is. There is a similar model as an oxford too with 3 eyelets. Here's another example I saw during my visit.
8035.jpg

Ranjeev

Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind asking that would be great. I've looked at the model you show and would consider it in a different colour. I like the 1942 as well. Will send you a PM.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind asking that would be great. I've looked at the model you show and would consider it in a different colour. I like the 1942 as well. Will send you a PM.
The 1942 is a limited edition model with only 150 Pairs made. It costs about 700-800 Euros when I browsed for it online. It comes also with a custom box, shoe horn, polish etc.

DM when you can, my pleasure to help with CS related questions.

Edit: Here's a special Stingray model you won't see anywhere else.
Photo 2020-01-17, 10 50 26.jpg

Last edited:

wdrenth

Reaction score
"Long ago" I enrolled in a GMTO by the Noble Shoe for a pair of Austerity Brogues in Guimaraes on the 401 last, made to handgrade specifications.
The wait was long, mainly because due to the Christmas period, but the wait was worth it. Happily I received the shoes some weeks ago -- due to the bad weather here in the Netherlands, not much opportunity to wear these beauties and make some pictures, until this week.

I have worn them a couple of times, and do not regret. The execution of simply excellent -- neat stitching, cutting, and overall finish. Only minus could be that the laces are maybe not quite on par with the shoes.

The Guimaraes colour is a nice dark brown with some chestnut / red undertones. The Austerity pattern also matches the almond 401 last pretty well. Overall it is a pretty versatile shoe.
The 401 last is, in my opinion, comfortable, with a higher instep and room in the toe area. It is also a bit elongated. Nevertheless, I took my 'normal' size 8 instead of sizing down which was a good choice. No heel slip, and my feet fill be shoe pretty well. Given the 'comfortable' last, I inserted a half insole to get a more snugger fit in the toe area, but that is about it. Given the elongated last, there are a couple of cm in front of the toes, but that is I think what is expected from this last.

(Maybe I want to try a 7.5 in the future, purely out of (academic) curiosity, and get more measurement points)

Few pictures below, hope you enjoy. Needless to say that doing business with the Noble Shoe was very pleasant and recommend them -- if only for a (almost) 24/7 customer support via the usual channels and involvement in getting a/ this GMTO done, and b/ answering my questions / addressing my concerns on the fit.

rsz_dsc_7752.jpg

rsz_dsc_7753.jpg

Handgrade it is!
rsz_dsc_7754.jpg

Almost a crime to walk on such beautiful soles.
rsz_dsc_7755.jpg

rsz_dsc_7757.jpg

gbandi

Reaction score
What kind of style would you guys want to see from Carlos Santos? Leather, Model, Stitching, Color etc. I have seen all of their FW20/21 Collection before it was released and I am curious. In the factory they had hundreds of models, many of them would make a fantastic GMTO. What are your thoughts?
I would like to see a wholecut with medallion in a elongated last like 401 in Douro patina. They make one for Loding and possibly Thomas bird

Attachments

• 5CD458F2-17CC-4652-8FB1-BE092E3D77C2.png
    5CD458F2-17CC-4652-8FB1-BE092E3D77C2.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 3CE00B9E-229D-420F-908F-D3DC184CA578.png
    3CE00B9E-229D-420F-908F-D3DC184CA578.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 64

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a wholecut with medallion in a elongated last like 401 in Douro patina. They make one for Loding and possibly Thomas bird
1342FBBA-B82F-463D-BA83-D0286F6AF949.jpeg
Douro Patina in real life. I am not starting any GMTO as I am not allowed to, but you are more than welcome to do so. Last time they banned me.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Long ago" I enrolled in a GMTO by the Noble Shoe for a pair of Austerity Brogues in Guimaraes on the 401 last, made to handgrade specifications.
The wait was long, mainly because due to the Christmas period, but the wait was worth it. Happily I received the shoes some weeks ago -- due to the bad weather here in the Netherlands, not much opportunity to wear these beauties and make some pictures, until this week.

I have worn them a couple of times, and do not regret. The execution of simply excellent -- neat stitching, cutting, and overall finish. Only minus could be that the laces are maybe not quite on par with the shoes.

The Guimaraes colour is a nice dark brown with some chestnut / red undertones. The Austerity pattern also matches the almond 401 last pretty well. Overall it is a pretty versatile shoe.
The 401 last is, in my opinion, comfortable, with a higher instep and room in the toe area. It is also a bit elongated. Nevertheless, I took my 'normal' size 8 instead of sizing down which was a good choice. No heel slip, and my feet fill be shoe pretty well. Given the 'comfortable' last, I inserted a half insole to get a more snugger fit in the toe area, but that is about it. Given the elongated last, there are a couple of cm in front of the toes, but that is I think what is expected from this last.

(Maybe I want to try a 7.5 in the future, purely out of (academic) curiosity, and get more measurement points)

Few pictures below, hope you enjoy. Needless to say that doing business with the Noble Shoe was very pleasant and recommend them -- if only for a (almost) 24/7 customer support via the usual channels and involvement in getting a/ this GMTO done, and b/ answering my questions / addressing my concerns on the fit.

View attachment 1339176

View attachment 1339177

Handgrade it is!
View attachment 1339178

Almost a crime to walk on such beautiful soles.
View attachment 1339179

View attachment 1339180
Thank you for sharing Wienand. Looks fantastic and great pictures I might steal some!

Sfroide3

Reaction score

Be aware that 99% of time you judge the size of a pair of shoes from the ball of your foot and not the shoes length or room that you got left in the toe cap. There is a lot of square foot shoes where there is no way you will fill the toe cap. It is perfectly normal. Most important is ball and arch and assess pinching.

ThaDynamite

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the the Meermin Elton and the Carlos Santos 160 lasts compare? Thanks!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the the Meermin Elton and the Carlos Santos 160 lasts compare? Thanks!
The Elton is elongated just like the 160. The 160 has been replaced by the 401 and share similar features. I am curious where you actually found them. People say the Elton fits quite snug and advise to size up half. If your regular size is say US 10 (UK 10) and your Elton is US 10.5 (UK 10.5) I would probably go for your regular size. Depends on your feet, width and how snug you want them. You could always use an insole to fill in the extra space. Hope this helps.

ThaDynamite

Reaction score
The Elton is elongated just like the 160. The 160 has been replaced by the 401 and share similar features. I am curious where you actually found them. People say the Elton fits quite snug and advise to size up half. If your regular size is say US 10 (UK 10) and your Elton is US 10.5 (UK 10.5) I would probably go for your regular size. Depends on your feet, width and how snug you want them. You could always use an insole to fill in the extra space. Hope this helps.
I found a couple of pairs of CS 160 last boots on eBay. They look pretty narrow, and of the shoes I have, the Meermins seem to fit the closest so I used it as an example for comparison. Do you happen to have more insight on the 160s? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics