• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So finally I decided to become an affiliate, which means I can talk a little more freely finally!

So any questions about Carlos Santos or inquiries about GMTOs, I can take care!

Here's a shot I took today while on quarantine as a precaution at home of my first ever Carlos Santos Wine Shadow Monks. Almost 2 years old or so. Pretty happy about how little creasing I have had with so much wear.
IG15-1.jpg

Mercurio

Reaction score
So I received a GMTO Interest check from a fellow member. Would any of you happening to be browsing this thread be interested in this make up? (Thank you Roger for the picture!).

View attachment 1359505
Even though I like the recent models you have posted, as I am in "quarantine mode" and I can't move from home, my interest in buying shoes or boots has dropped to zero. As we are living a very uncertain time that could last for a while, I enjoy the photos and make a mental list of what I would like when this nightmare has passed. Until then, I feel it's no time for shopping...

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Even though I like the recent models you have posted, as I am in "quarantine mode" and I can't move from home, my interest in buying shoes or boots has dropped to zero. As we are living a very uncertain time that could last for a while, I enjoy the photos and make a mental list of what I would like when this nightmare has passed. Until then, I feel it's no time for shopping...
Don’t worry my friend! Priorities come first, shoes second!

Clifff

Reaction score
So finally I decided to become an affiliate, which means I can talk a little more freely finally!

Here's a shot I took today while on quarantine as a precaution at home of my first ever Carlos Santos Wine Shadow Monks. Almost 2 years old or so. Pretty happy about how little creasing I have had with so much wear.
View attachment 1355732
wow this pair is stunning. And I am amazed that they still look brand new!!!

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Anyone know which Lazyman model this is? Found this from an old classfied ad

Full brogue lazyman In braga patina In 316 last,
Handgrade model
Single leather sole with closed channel stitching

1585692389622.png

moimael

Reaction score

View attachment 1355732
Congrats, they look fantastic! You seem to have the same "issue" as me on my Carlos Santos boots. The leather near the cap toe stitching stretching and not being dyed. I've only seen this on Carlos Santos shoes so far, why is that? (this is a super minor issue but I feel like there should be an easy way to solve it for them. I guess it's because the patina is made after the shoes are fully finished)

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats, they look fantastic! You seem to have the same "issue" as me on my Carlos Santos boots. The leather near the cap toe stitching stretching and not being dyed. I've only seen this on Carlos Santos shoes so far, why is that? (this is a super minor issue but I feel like there should be an easy way to solve it for them. I guess it's because the patina is made after the shoes are fully finished)
Good eye, but actually this is because I put a little more polish there and it created white residue which I saw after the picture! The Patina is indeed made after the shoes are finished.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.