• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the oxford was Alfred Sargent. These are absolutely beautiful.
When I get the first sample in a few weeks I will post pictures. Here’s another one of the same model. Love at first sight.

Again, cropped my watermark.
E3E386EF-E13C-4151-B818-9292CC72D5AF.jpeg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do actually ?

Been sitting in my closet for 2.5 years now, still have no clue what to wear them with. Any ideas?

View attachment 1347230
If these were UK 7.5-8 I would consider offloading you :p I found this guide here and I agree with most of them

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are UK 8 so let me know if you want them :)

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb! @mattg1027 are beautiful. Your's are just a different shade of beautiful.

I've been cleaning up my 8866's after their first, very tough winter. They were subjected to a lot of slush and saline on the sidewalks as they became my go to boot for being out and about. Although I gave them regular wipe downs the salt did affect the welt and the upper where there is a lot of flex behind the toe cap down low. It seemed to take away some of the pebble effect and the colour. I treated them to some salt neutralizer and dark brown cream in those areas, followed by some Nikwax to give them a fighting chance next year. I feel like the welt and sole edge still have some salt crystal buildup as it feels a bit rough and did not take colour as much as the uppers. I must say I was impressed by how the welting kept the water out of the boot for perfectly dry feet!

View attachment 1169961 View attachment 1169962

My 8866 jumpers have been the go-to boot again this winter. Again, they have seen a lot of salt and salty slush. I am not treating them with kid gloves. They received frequent wipe downs, but, as you can see, were far overdue for a big overhaul. Definitely have some evidence of the heavy salt on the flex points at the ball of my foot. This weekend I treated them with salt remover, Bick 4 conditioner, some brown cream from Carmina, Dubbin, and some AE neutral carnauba on the toe caps. They came out pretty well. I am still very pleased with these boots.

After:
PF1_3930.JPG

PF1_3913.JPG
PF1_3918.JPG
PF1_3919.JPG
PF1_3935.JPG
PF1_3937.JPG
PF1_3941.JPG
PF1_3942.JPG
PF1_3943.JPG
PF1_3950.JPG

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I do actually ?

Been sitting in my closet for 2.5 years now, still have no clue what to wear them with. Any ideas?

1. Acetone
2. Dark brow dye
3. Renovator
4. Wax.

There is nothing you can do with this color without looking ridiculous.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I beg to differ! Some people can make this look good.

[Disclaimer] No judgement here [Disclaimer off] Nowadays purple is associated with LGBT communities. I think it would be extremely complicated to wear purple shoes like that without being associated with these communities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads