• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a little different (for me, anyway). I've been wanting to try out something in an 'urban hiker' for purely casual wear (obviously) and these have really worked out very well. It was the colour that tipped me over the edge into an impulse buy. And now I'm open to another, though these don't seem to be carried by a lot of CS stockists.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something a little different (for me, anyway). I've been wanting to try out something in an 'urban hiker' for purely casual wear (obviously) and these have really worked out very well. It was the colour that tipped me over the edge into an impulse buy. And now I'm open to another, though these don't seem to be carried by a lot of CS stockists.

I am getting these soon but with shearling. I find them excellent.

Attachments

jamie411

Reaction score

Where did you get these? I’ve had my eyes peeled for some CS hikers and have seen some I liked but never enough to buy for various reasons.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where did you get these? I’ve had my eyes peeled for some CS hikers and have seen some I liked but never enough to buy for various reasons.
It is easy to make as a GMTO or MTO for a standard surcharge actually. It's how I made the Hiker with the shearling. You will rarely (if at all) find other online stockists with such models. CS sells to a lot of physical shops with no online presence so you need to be lucky i guess.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if I post too much, but I want to keep this thread alive as this Brand means a lot to me. I get a lot of questions about how to take care of Patina Shoes.

It is not as hard as people think. Preston from The Elegant Oxford did a really nice video that I want to share. While I prefer using Bick4 rather than renovateur as I find it a little harsh on the Patinas, Neutral Polish and Wax works wonders on them. He also explains the differences between Oxfords, Derbys and Bluchers for those that are not so experienced.

Last edited:

gbandi

Reaction score

This trekker from luxgentleman is even better. More rugged look. Bison print, algarve patina, under $250. Unfortunately sold out in my size

Attachments

Opethian

Reaction score
Sorry if I post too much, but I want to keep this thread alive as this Brand means a lot to me. I get a lot of questions about how to take care of Patina Shoes.

It is not as hard as people think. Preston from The Elegant Oxford did a really nice video that I want to share. While I prefer using Bick4 rather than renovateur as I find it a little harsh on the Patinas, Neutral Polish and Wax works wonders on them. He also explains the differences between Oxfords, Derbys and Bluchers for those that are not so experienced.

I see he used Renovateur in the video, but you do not recommend using it?
One more question, is the Carlos Santos regular line aniline dyed but the handgrade crust patina? So on the handgrade it's better to avoid renovateur but on the regular line it's fine?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.