• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LThomsen

Reaction score
I highly suggest you look at the Noble Shoe site.

Kostas, the founder is excellent at answering questions and sending you pictures of many various patinas. He also has the best pricing I've found on CS of all the EU vendors.
I second the noble shoe. I purchased a pair of shadow wine patina shoes from him recently. His customer service was excellent.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I second AFPOS, one of the best retailers out there. Their competitive pricing includes Saphir wax as well
Interesting. I haven't spent a ton of time comparing AFPOS with the Noble Shoe but just did a quick exercise in selecting the same Double Monks from each shop. With shipping (I'm on the US West Coast), AFPOS totaled $318.13 USD, and that includes the Saphir polish - but does not reflect the SF discount.

Noble Shoe for the same pair totals $282.28 and comes with free shipping. This is without any additional discount.

He is a single individual passionate about shoes who ventured out on his own and got Noble Shoe up and running last year. To me, I'm more inclined to support someone following their passion with a fledgling business, who is offering fantastic product and great pricing. Not to mention exceptional customer service.

The Noble Shoe on Instagram is worth a look and a follow.

Those Handgrade Austerity Brouges in Guimaraes that he just had made up are among the most stunning CS I've ever seen. Lusting for a pair...but for now I'm waiting for my pair of Jodhpurs on the way.

Alocin

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase my first pair of Carlos Santos shoes, specifically the 7273 wingtip. Leaning towards the Braga patina, but love the Algarve and Wine Shadow colors as well. Any recommendations of owners or on feet pics rather than the stock I found online of these colors as I am torn. I would wear mainly with grey dress or navy pants or dark jeans. Thank you.
I wish I had a better photo for you but these are the same last in wine shadow.

I would further the notion that they are quite reddish/maroon and definitely not the most formal but I don’t have any trouble wearing them with a suit.

wdrenth

Reaction score
Those Handgrade Austerity Brouges in Guimaraes that he just had made up are among the most stunning CS I've ever seen. Lusting for a pair...but for now I'm waiting for my pair of Jodhpurs on the way.
I am one of the happy owners of a pair :D:D and will post some pictures later.

WilYa

Reaction score
I see, the difference is that I am based in Europe and I don't pay for shipping with AFPOS. Also, from UK retailer we pay 20% more for VAT but 25% more from Swedish retailers. Therefore, AFPOS is significantly cheaper for European customers, not to mention the bonus trees and wax.
Still, with 10% SF discount, you will have the shoes plus trees and wax delivered to your door at $286 from AFPOS
Interesting. I haven't spent a ton of time comparing AFPOS with the Noble Shoe but just did a quick exercise in selecting the same Double Monks from each shop. With shipping (I'm on the US West Coast), AFPOS totaled $318.13 USD, and that includes the Saphir polish - but does not reflect the SF discount.

Noble Shoe for the same pair totals $282.28 and comes with free shipping. This is without any additional discount.

He is a single individual passionate about shoes who ventured out on his own and got Noble Shoe up and running last year. To me, I'm more inclined to support someone following their passion with a fledgling business, who is offering fantastic product and great pricing. Not to mention exceptional customer service.

The Noble Shoe on Instagram is worth a look and a follow.

mak1277

Reaction score
Can anyone give real world sizing experience for the 333 last? I'm contemplating these boots from AFPOS. Website says true to size, but I thought it would be wise to reach out here too.

Schweino

Reaction score
View attachment 1327279Can anyone give real world sizing experience for the 333 last? I'm contemplating these boots from AFPOS. Website says true to size, but I thought it would be wise to reach out here too.

For me 333 is TTS indeed. I size down half a size in 316 and 397. All other CS lasts I own are in my regular size 8 UK (234, 160, 401 and 333).

notdos

Reaction score
I have low volume foot and size down 1 1/2 down from my standard US sizing. 91/2 D down to 8 on CS, but only own 234, 316 and 401 Lasts.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I'm contemplating these boots from AFPOS. Website says true to size, but I thought it would be wise to reach out here too.
If you live in the US you wont pay taxes and return would be very easy. Paypal is covering returns up to 25 or 35 usd. CS shoes have the reputation of being quite generous. I wear AE last 511 in US 10 and need to go 8.5 UK for CS (on the 316 Iast I went down an extra 1/2 size). I depends on the shape of your feets. Best way is to try.

That guide from Skoatiebolaget is excellent.

mak1277

Reaction score
If you live in the US you wont pay taxes and return would be very easy. Paypal is covering returns up to 25 or 35 usd. CS shoes have the reputation of being quite generous. I wear AE last 511 in US 10 and need to go 8.5 UK for CS (on the 316 Iast I went down an extra 1/2 size). I depends on the shape of your feets. Best way is to try.

Thanks, I have that guide bookmarked but totally forgot about it. I wear 11D in AE 65 last, and the Grant Stone Leo is a little small for me at 10.5D, so I'm thinking I'll just go with 10 in the UK and return/exchange if they're too big.

gmehra

Reaction score

for that deal with paypal where they pay your return shipping - I believe they only allow you to do that a few times per year? theres some type of limit I think?

Sfroide3

Reaction score
for that deal with paypal where they pay your return shipping - I believe they only allow you to do that a few times per year? theres some type of limit I think?
Of course. But still you got about 10-12 returns per year.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%