• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wdrenth

Reaction score
@Schweino , thanks for the details.
Yes, the 316 is quite roomy, and made the mistake in the past buying a nice austerity pattern that I had to sell (size 8.5 even). Noted the shop has a size 8 left, but I am afraid it will be too large for me as well.
Recently bought a made-by-CS-for-Herring on last 401 in size 8. I find the last pretty long, not unlike the C&J 348, but it fits well. Do you have experience with that last as well?

Schweino

Reaction score
Yes I do. I wear size 8 in 401, 160, 234. 401 is basically a last 160 with a higher instep and a bit more wiggle room for the toes

By the way: I also have 2 pairs of field boots in size 8 which I wear with thick Donegal wool socks in winter and they are a great fit this way.

Last edited:

jfash

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase my first pair of Carlos Santos shoes, specifically the 7273 wingtip. Leaning towards the Braga patina, but love the Algarve and Wine Shadow colors as well. Any recommendations of owners or on feet pics rather than the stock I found online of these colors as I am torn. I would wear mainly with grey dress or navy pants or dark jeans. Thank you.

Attachments

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I highly suggest you look at the Noble Shoe site.

Kostas, the founder is excellent at answering questions and sending you pictures of many various patinas. He also has the best pricing I've found on CS of all the EU vendors.

Sfroide3

Reaction score

Kostas, the founder is excellent at answering questions and sending you pictures of many various patinas. He also has the best pricing I've found on CS of all the EU vendors.
He's got some very nice brown calf wingtip on sale right now.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Speaking about colors. Wine shadow is very red. Not a formal color at all. Coimbra is more brown with no red. Guimares is a a little red but still a solid brown. There is actually a handgrade version of the Austerity brogue in Guimares that is pretty nice. Same retailer. Way pricier ...

Schweino

Reaction score

That's odd, in my experience this shop has one of the highest prices in CS shoes. Afinepairofshoes is cheaper for instance and even has a 10% SF discount code and free shipping + free shoe trees.

He does have some unique and very attractive make-ups though

WilYa

Reaction score
That's odd, in my experience this shop has one of the highest prices in CS shoes. Afinepairofshoes is cheaper for instance and even has a 10% SF discount code and free shipping + free shoe trees.

He does have some unique and very attractive make-ups though
I second AFPOS, one of the best retailers out there. Their competitive pricing includes Saphir wax as well

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%