• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I joined the club this weekend with these jumper boots from Cavour. I love the patina even more in person than I had in pictures. I find this boot has a lot of presence, and has both rugged jumper and elegant elements to it. I really like the colour of the speedhooks with this Guimares patina.

Thanks to @notdos for helping me dial in the size, with other comparables we share. The 234 is not the best last on my feet, but not bad, at 1/2 size less than usual, for my narrow low volume feet.

IMG_5413.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Very nice indeed. I have a pair of these inbound (or soon to be inbound) as well. If the patina grain is as nice as that one my CS double monks, I'm going to love this pair of boots.

Thanks, Roger. Yeah, I think it is a great boot for the Canadian winter. Enjoy yours!

Youssef

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone can help compare the 160 and the 316 lasts?

I own the two eyelet derbies on the 160 in 10.5UK. The shoes feels right and are comfortable. No slippage at all, a bit narrow on the instep because my insteps are high. So the eyelet panels from both sides don’t meet (1.5/2cm gap) and there’s a small crease that formed at the throat line or tongue base that is related to how my high instep constrains the tongue.
2B1B2B0E-44A1-43ED-9750-6762537DCD12.jpeg
1A56B5B7-5D1D-4A72-96AD-19BC35D2C457.jpeg

On the other hand I have the field boots on the same size but they are on the 316 last and feel more generous with a slight slippage and a bit more creasing at the vamp.
C73F2ADA-5663-4571-BBBA-DBD3088F80CA.jpeg
03417965-FB95-4B9C-8753-7DF97634A977.jpeg
Not sure this difference is due to the last being more generous or to the boot vs derby shape and lacing difference...

Now, if I want to go for an Oxford in the 316, I’m not if I should drop half a size to avoid slippage and creasing but I’m worried about the instep and the fact the gap might be huge and not aesthetic...

Anyone dropping sizes between CS lasts?

P.S: I also have Meermin double monks in 10.5UK on Hiro last. The fit is “perfect”, but it’s really stiff, and can become a real pain on the heels.

jayvee

Reaction score
I joined the club this weekend with these jumper boots from Cavour. I love the patina even more in person than I had in pictures. I find this boot has a lot of presence, and has both rugged jumper and elegant elements to it. I really like the colour of the speedhooks with this Guimares patina.

Thanks to @notdos for helping me dial in the size, with other comparables we share. The 234 is not the best last on my feet, but not bad, at 1/2 size less than usual, for my narrow low volume feet.

View attachment 1115366 View attachment 1115367

Very nice . I just returned mine , the 234 last didn’t work for me and I couldn’t get on with the pointy-ness. They should change the last on the jumper boot to round like 333 or something more almond and I am sure they’d sell a lot more.

gbandi

Reaction score
Pretty glad to have this pair on a day like today.

orig.jpg

These look too nice to be worn in snow!!! I can’t even think about wearing these beauties in snow. But then I don’t live in Canada so am lacking the perspective

Nice boots roger, I missed them in the recent Cavour sale. Hoping someone sizes wrong and puts a 8.5uk on sale

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look too nice to be worn in snow!!! I can’t even think about wearing these beauties in snow. But then I don’t live in Canada so am lacking the perspective

Nice boots roger, I missed them in the recent Cavour sale. Hoping someone sizes wrong and puts a 8.5uk on sale

When your choices are awesome boots (like Roger) or bare feet in the snow, it is not even a question!!

Youssef

Reaction score

There’s a very tiny difference in the version sold by Cavour.
49A7864E-F02C-4DF0-AB58-37713FF4AAA2.jpeg

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like these boys can handle today's messy weather. Might have to consider one in the future.

Looks like these boys can handle today's messy weather. Might have to consider one in the future.

When your choices are awesome boots (like Roger) or bare feet in the snow, it is not even a question!!

Cheers, gents. This pair was from Skoak and I have a pair of the patina grain inbound from Cavour. Arguably too close to a replication but I could not resist that sale price.

What I REALLY like about this pair is that they are smart enough to pair with a sportcoat and trousers for the office, but rugged enough to deal with foul winter weather on the way there.

Youssef

Reaction score
You are killing me dude. These are the ones I missed during the sale..
I didn't get them either on the price they are offered on today! They were already on sales few weeks back, so I took the plunge for about 80$ more than today, but I consider it was still a very good deal although my size is still available...

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice . I just returned mine , the 234 last didn’t work for me and I couldn’t get on with the pointy-ness. They should change the last on the jumper boot to round like 333 or something more almond and I am sure they’d sell a lot more.

What size did you return?

Christian0314

Reaction score
Can't speak for Rui, but I size half down from Hiro last.

I size down for both Rui and 316 from Hiro

I received my CS Wingtip 316 last today from @cavour.co and I am very glad that I took a half size down from Rui last. Fits like a glove. I'll post pictures later.

BTW, any tips on how to polish Coimbra Patina? Is it ok to use Saphir mirror shine/ high gloss? Creme or Conditioner. I checked pages back that Saphir creme is too harsh but nevef stated about Saphir mirror shine or high gloss. Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads