• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

visigoth

Reaction score
If you want to wear them only with thin socks, then yes: go down 1.5 sizes. I went down one size, and they're perfect with either thicker socks, or with thin socks and a sole insert. That works perfectly for me, because I like some padding.

WilYa

Reaction score
Has anyone found an online source for high-quality waxed laces long enough as replacements for the Field Boots?

What is the proper replacement length to order when new (as they stretch over time after use)?
AFPOS

liquify

Reaction score
My latest purchase(during a rainy day)

IMG_20181206_123150.jpg

josef1

Reaction score
Hi , for Coimbra we would suggest 05 Dark Brown. You can use either wax or Pommadier, just be careful with cleaner conditioners like Renovator and avoid Renomat as these will disturb the patina.

Got the 05 Dark Brown and it seems VERY dark. Almost black. I'm afraid of darkening the patina flat so I may exchange this to the medium brown instead. I didn't know that the dark brown of Saphir is SUPER dark haha

Edit: just got to exchange the dark brown cream to medium brown. Seems safer to not disturb the patina on the Coimbra. Here's the visual difference of color on a tissue
20181213_140537.jpg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new in this part of SF. Can anyone tell me how to size these? https://cavour.co/product/classic-oxford-10007-2/

Do they fit true to size? I am UK 11 in Meermin for example and US 12 in sneakers. Second, do custom duties apply if I get those shipped to Germany?

Thank you!

Unfortunately Cavour doesn't mention the last with their shoes so there is no advise I can give you on how this model will fit. Most Carlos Santos shoes fit true to size though, last 187 being the exception which fits small.

And yes, you will pay import duties since Norway isn't part of the EU.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new in this part of SF. Can anyone tell me how to size these? https://cavour.co/product/classic-oxford-10007-2/

Do they fit true to size? I am UK 11 in Meermin for example and US 12 in sneakers. Second, do custom duties apply if I get those shipped to Germany?

Thank you!

Hi,

The above answers are correct. And the last is 234.
I am not familiar with Meermin sizing, but I would say that our CS shoes fit true to size. At least I take the same size as in our other brands.

Hope that helps.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To compare CS last 234 to Meermin you'll need to let us know what last the meermin shoes you have are on. For instance, Hiro and Rui are short lasts so if you wear 11 in them I would go for 10.5 in CS 234. If you wear 11 in Meermin Olfe or Elton then you should go for 11 in CS 234 too.

stuessi

Reaction score
Unfortunately Cavour doesn't mention the last with their shoes so there is no advise I can give you on how this model will fit. Most Carlos Santos shoes fit true to size though, last 187 being the exception which fits small.

And yes, you will pay import duties since Norway isn't part of the EU.

Hi,

The above answers are correct. And the last is 234.
I am not familiar with Meermin sizing, but I would say that our CS shoes fit true to size. At least I take the same size as in our other brands.

Hope that helps.

To compare CS last 234 to Meermin you'll need to let us know what last the meermin shoes you have are on. For instance, Hiro and Rui are short lasts so if you wear 11 in them I would go for 10.5 in CS 234. If you wear 11 in Meermin Olfe or Elton then you should go for 11 in CS 234 too.

thanks everyone for the great advice! I have meermin in elton as well as in hiro lasts whereby hiro is very tight and elton much more comfortable. I will go with UK 11 in CS ;)

Ellson Toh

Reaction score
Some recent shots taken for the last pair of our exclusive Adelaide in 389 Chiseled Last, handpainted in the Guimaraes Patina. This pair is crafted on Carlos Santos premium Handgrade Line and in size UK11. Any chiseled last lovers here?

46380662792_698827d499_o_d.jpg

46431031751_ac875968ed_o_d.jpg

32559120798_094de7b18a_o_d.jpg

Cacatfish

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the great advice! I have meermin in elton as well as in hiro lasts whereby hiro is very tight and elton much more comfortable. I will go with UK 11 in CS ;)

I had a pair of Santos 234 last and Meermin Hiro in the same size and the 234 is gigantic in comparison. Even visually it looked like a full size bigger. Probably fit between a half and full size larger. Ironically I sold the meermin because they were too tight in toe box and will sell off 234 boots due to extra volume in instep. On Cavour the jumper boots are 234 and grain on dainite are 333. I think they have a pair on 316 as well. I'm having a heck of a time sizing lately myself. On another note anyone tried both 234 and 333 that can compare them?

gbandi

Reaction score
I have 333 and 234. Wear 9uk in Meermin hiro and Elton. Hiro snug in toe but manageable. Sized down half for 333, wears fine with thin socks. Same size in 234 boot, wear with thick socks. If I buy 234 shoe, I would size down. No idea about 316
I had a pair of Santos 234 last and Meermin Hiro in the same size and the 234 is gigantic in comparison. Even visually it looked like a full size bigger. Probably fit between a half and full size larger. Ironically I sold the meermin because they were too tight in toe box and will sell off 234 boots due to extra volume in instep. On Cavour the jumper boots are 234 and grain on dainite are 333. I think they have a pair on 316 as well. I'm having a heck of a time sizing lately myself. On another note anyone tried both 234 and 333 that can compare them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads