1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VRaivio, Aug 28, 2012.

1. shabbytraddy

shabbytraddy Senior Member

Anyone interested in Brown Calf Jodhpurs in UK 10.5? Brand new from Skoak, just way too big, which is weird cause 10.5UK in double monks is fine with a thicker sock.

Figured it'd toss it out here before sending back. Let me know.

2. pediwear

pediwear Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

@shoewarma

If only! It would certainly make life a lot easier for us! All feet are different - and shoes are made in many different shapes. Two people can both take a size 8 in one shoe, but because their feet vary in size and shape they might take a different size in another brand / style / last shape. There are certain parameters which manufacturers should stick to when sizing their shoes - but even if they were all 100% compliant in this respect, we would still face variation in size requirements because of the unique 3-dimensional shape of each individual's feet.

Having said all of that, experienced retailers can usually make good recommendations, especially when the customer has a history of wearing other welted footwear which they can refer to.

Did you make a request to change the size via email?

3. shoewarma

shoewarma Member

Yes, I ended up going with your initial recommendation of size 8 UK. I thought that if I'm ordering from Pediwear, then I should be taking their advice. I trust that they will fit as described, as my feet are very ordinary 8.5 US. I'm waiting anxiously, haha!

4. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

New single monks courtesy of @Afinepairofshoes

My first pair of single monks, I like them and they fit well.

B3B18311-F16B-419C-BDBF-1AD4B86FFBFE.jpeg

12A1794C-6630-4961-B75F-A20F8512D790.jpeg

5. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

Hi guys, have anyone of you tried the Carlos Santos belts? I am inclined to try one, but the "no return" part makes the choice abit difficult.

6. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

I ordered one two weeks ago and should receive it in another 2 weeks. Will provide updates then. I will not be suprised if it turns out spectacular as CS uses very good crust leather and very solid crafts.

7. notdos

notdos Senior Member

So did yours arrive?

8. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

It is wine shadow from pediwear

9. shoewarma

shoewarma Member

Ha, I wish. Frankly, I'm not happy, and I'm not sure they will arrive on time. I don't understand why there's such a big delay, and the Pediwear guy isn't telling me much other than the CS rep was on vacation or whatever. I really want a pair of those double monk straps, but if things don't change, then I'll be forced to look at alternatives.

10. notdos

notdos Senior Member

I’m stoked..My Jumper Boots in Sintra Patina should arrive Tuesday. That’s only 3 weeks from order to delivery!
    I’ll post how sizing works out.

Phillip :)

11. notdos

notdos Senior Member

So, these just arrived. Thanks to @Leaves for great service.
    Now, onto what I think is good sizing info for the Jumper boots on 234 Last. (your mileage may vary)
    I held off on buying any Carlos Santos for at least a year because sizing seemed all over the road to me. I am a straight up 9.5 D on the Brannock.
    I do think I have an overall lower volume foot, but not by a tremendous amount. I have a “normal” instep.
    I ended up ordering 1.5 sizes down...an 8 UK. Fit is very good but still roomy.
    This is a very generous Last.
    Fit and finish look great, but I tend to only examine at arms length since I know 15 minutes after I put them on there going to be scuffed.
    LOVE the color! (Sintra)

Phillip :)

728AF119-2F9F-4471-AEF1-995EA312D657.jpeg

12. Aventus

Aventus Member

Can i use saphir medaille wax polish/cream in neutral colour for algarve patina?

13. Jmm722

Jmm722 Distinguished Member

Are the field boots (Galway looking) for sale anywhere anymore? Or does anyone expect a GMTO?

14. GFox

GFox Member