1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VRaivio, Aug 28, 2012.

1. shabbytraddy

shabbytraddy Senior Member

Thanks for this, makes sense. I appreciate your time.

For the record, I've happily purchased CS from both AFPOS and Skoak, so I'm not here shilling for one over the other. Love the CS brand and can't wait for maiden voyage of the new Jodhpurs next week :)

2. 007Bond

007Bond Senior Member

PSA.

www.saksoff5th.com

Has a few sizes left of 4 different models at $129 and you can get free shipping too so it's a deal.

3. notdos

notdos Senior Member

4. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

I've a lower instep and found it to be quite high, to the point of it being unwearable due to lots of heel slip.

This was in the grain derby shoe, might be less of an issue in a boot.

5. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior Member

Just current stock, we are making room for a new last Z401 on some of the styles coming up.

6. pediwear

pediwear Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

I'm a bit late to this debate, but having just rechecked our stock by trying the double monk on with a couple of team members I would stand by our original advice. I am usually a UK 10 F, which we would convert to a US 10.5 D. We don't have a size 10 UK in stock but the 9.5 UK is just too tight for me, I expect the 10 UK would fit perfectly. Our manager is usually a pretty standard size 9 UK, and the size 9 UK Carlos Santos 6942 fits him perfectly - which we would convert to a US 9.5.

I would be very surprised if you could even get the size 7 on your foot. Perhaps the size 7.5 UK might work, but it doesn't make much sense to say that both sizes would fit (did they really say that??). We would be more confident about recommending the 8, but of course, there is no guarantee other than trying them on!

7. Paul902

Paul902 Senior Member

Thanks for the caution! Can anyone here compare the CS234 to Allen Edmonds 108 or 201, or to the Carmina Soller?

8. marker2037

marker2037 Distinguished Member

Similar length to the Soller, widths are about the same, a higher toe box though.

9. Paul902

Paul902 Senior Member

thanks.

10. shoewarma

shoewarma Member

They did say both would fit, but obviously, the 7 would be more snug than the 7.5. I already placed an order for 7.5 UK at Pediwear based on the advice I have gotten here. I don't know if the order can still be modified, as the status says "delay - awaiting manufacturer", but if it can, then I would rather get the 8 UK. I guess Pediwear would know best about their products.

I just don't understand why there isn't a standardized sizing system. Shouldn't the same shoe in the same UK size be identical from store to store?

11. Sam_in_Syd

Sam_in_Syd New Member

Hi, this is my first post and I'm looking to upgrade my footwear.. I currently own a Cheaney lime shoe (last 11028) in a size 8.5UK. They fit me well (although there is a slight pinch in my right foot in the little toe but its not uncomfortable, I can get through a full day wearing them). I am interested in purchasing a few pairs of Carlos Santos shoes in the following lasts - 234 and 316 - from Skoak. My right foot is my larger foot and measures 27.9cm in length. The only other brand of shoe I have tried were a Meermin Elton last in size UK9 and they have been tight - had to stretch them to ensure a good fit after I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

12. notdos

notdos Senior Member

Best of luck and please let us know how it goes. I’ve been watching this brand for over a year trying to figure out what size to order in the Sintra Patina. Frankly, there are posts that suggest -1.5 sizes on the 234 Last. I don’t wear thick socks so I haven’t been able to determine, based on feedback, what size to order. I’d definitely say start at a full size down.

13. shoewarma

shoewarma Member

I will definitely post an update once they arrive. I ended up making a change to go with the 8 UK. The guys from Pediwear insisted that the 8 UK is what I should be going with. We'll see how they turn out. This is the most I've been confused about shoe sizing.

14. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

Bosco Oxford on 187 last
    Thought I could never wear this color but now I really like the sleek look with the snug fit
    IMG_20180610_162538.jpg

15. notdos

notdos Senior Member

Please do. I also went ahead and ordered the Jumper Boot in Sintra. I’m a 9.5D US and ordered an 8 UK.