Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VRaivio, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Carlos Santos makes shoes for numerous other makers, but I don't know if they do so for Magnanni.
    This might explain why similarities might be seen with other makers.
    They definitely make shoes for Markowski (French).

2. vmss

vmss Senior member

You are right that Markowski is made by CS. However, the Blake and Bologna lines are made by magnanni. Markowski is made by both brands Carlos Santos and magnanni. So I wonder if magnanni and Carlos Santos are somehow affiliated with each other. They offer very similar products.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

4. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Don't feed the trolls.

5. Leaves

I don't know actually, I don't think so but I can ask next time I meet Ana Santos (at the Micam trade fair next week).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  6. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

@SartodiNapoli - why do you assume malice in everything? Most of us have heard of Carlos Santos, but until Skoak started carrying the brand, its distribution for most people was essentially nonexistent.

Let's take a master Neapolitan tailor, one for whom you have great reverence. Let's call him Iacopo. Iacopo is a great tailor who works only in Napoli, has good clientele and is doing pretty well. More international clientele start coming to him, and Iaocopo decides to travel to New York, London and Hong Kong for fittings to increase his exposure to his international clientele.

Information starts coming out with more frequency due to his increased exposure. Some of that information includes language barrier, construction technique, timing, etc. All of it very objective and quantifiable.

Is that shilling as you like to call it?

I won't engage further in this conversation because I'm not about to destroy this thread like so many others, but exposing bullshit practices is one thing and a very valuable service. Consistently denigrating things about which you have no primary experience or expertise isn't.

7. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Don't feed the shills.

Expose them.

Support honest people are my rules and my humble recommendation for everyone. Some do not like the truth.

and never denigrated the maker as never mentioned anything good or bad about the shoes I repeat so last accusation is not true. Best, leaving the thread, everything is said already.

Just confident on the general good taste and good manners.

The merchants were whipped out of the Temple.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

This. That's enough.

9. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Please.

10. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Please leave.

Thank your Leaves for the information - your comparison of lasts/sizes is very helpful, even outside of this brand.

11. Ccw55

Ccw55 Active Member

Many thanks @Newcomer ! Was curious as to how this model would look. Strangely enough, the proportions of the last look perfectly fine when viewed from the front, but the placement of the toe cap stitching does seem a bit peculiar when viewed from top-down.

Nevertheless - looking good!

12. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I went and checked out some Carlos Santos shoes here in Philadelphia at a shop called Blue Sole Shoes (www.bluesoleshoes.com). I thought they looked nice. A lot of them were 50% off, resulting in a price of $233. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything I liked in my size. This shop doesn't seem to sell via their website. I don't know if they sell over the phone. So, this might just be helpful for Philadelphians...

13. SummerofLove

SummerofLove Well-Known Member

Just got my Carlos Santos Jumpers in Coimbra Patina.234 Last

http://us.skoaktiebolaget.se/collec...s/carlos-santos-jumper-boot-in-coimbra-patina

Sizing advice on Skoak was accurate. 10UK worked for me and that is the right Rain size for me. Although, I could do a loose fit in Rain 10.5 UK with some minor heel slippage.

Anyways, these are great. Super soft and far superior to Meermin Clasico (hard leather and difficult to break in), which I tried recently. These definitely feel on par with my Carminas and I have quite a few of them. Next, I am going to try 234 Last Double Monks (6942) with patina service to color them Petro Shadow.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  14. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Summeroflove, you know, you can always soften up smooth leathers with Lexol. It's a wondrous product and lasts a long time.

15. Leaves

Some additional styles, for those of you who are interested in Carlos Santos. The top three pictures shows the 333 last, a round classic last.

Style reference 6237
    [​IMG]

Style reference 6237
    [​IMG]

Style reference 8884
    [​IMG]

Style reference 7273
    [​IMG]

Style reference 8334
    [​IMG]

Style reference 8334
    [​IMG]