• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JJRADICK

Reaction score
Received my double monk and jumper boot in 234 lasts.
It fits great, roomy but not oversized. Plenty of toe room with tight heel to lock down my feet
I would say they are similar to Carmina Rain last( a hair wider in the front but with tighter heel)

Shuimao

Reaction score
Interested in getting a pair of Carlos Santos shoes

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in getting a pair of Carlos Santos shoes

If you have none and are in the US Sacks off Fifth has a few good models at the best price you are going to find and runs them on sale often for 20% off. Free shipping most of the time also...

Shuimao

Reaction score
If you have none and are in the US Sacks off Fifth has a few good models at the best price you are going to find and runs them on sale often for 20% off. Free shipping most of the time also...

Thanks for the info. Do you know what last are they in?
I have relatively wide feet with high arch so I am thinking 234 last

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you know what last are they in?
I have relatively wide feet with high arch so I am thinking 234 last

The double monk is on the Z331, the lace up oxfords are on the Z202, and the Braga cap toe oxfords are on the Z331. I emailed the links to CS to confirm the last of each shoe. I have a high instep and all are a good fit, they are wider they a Carmina Rain last, very similar to Allen Edmonds 65 last.

Shuimao

Reaction score
The double monk is on the Z331, the lace up oxfords are on the Z202, and the Braga cap toe oxfords are on the Z331. I emailed the links to CS to confirm the last of each shoe. I have a high instep and all are a good fit, they are wider they a Carmina Rain last, very similar to Allen Edmonds 65 last.

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find I need to size down for 234. I am 8 for most C&J lasts but need 7.5 for CS 234 last

JJRADICK

Reaction score
I find I need to size down for 234. I am 8 for most C&J lasts but need 7.5 for CS 234 last

234 is a long last and definitely has a lot to toe room, but I am not sure sizing down would work for me.
Since I am in the US, and there is no place to try out the last, I would rather have a pair of slightly larger shoes than a smaller pair.
Therefore, I took the same size in Carmina Rain last. Carmina Rain is a snug all around fit, and 234 is snug in the heel but roomy in the front.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20% off at www.saksoff5th.com they have 2 styles on sale plain toe oxford and wingtip oxford. Oh and free shipping too.

Thanks for the tip. Are these not rejected or lower quality shoes or returns from another store? Assuming that Off5th operates like other reseller/outlet stores.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Are these not rejected or lower quality shoes or returns from another store? Assuming that Off5th operates like other reseller/outlet stores.

Every one I have received is first with shoe bags shoe horn top notch no flaws.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JJRADICK

Reaction score
How do you care for your patina CS shoes? When I tried to polish them with Saphir, it looks like the patina is coming off a little bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics