• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of sizing, is there a tendency for CS to run a little small/narrow? My pair of wingtips on the rounded 333 last arrived today and they're painfully tight across the instep and very low volume overall. I have very easy to fit feet and a UK10.5 medium width works for me in just about every last unless it's dramatically chiseled or overly sleek.

I have the same experience with their 160 last, at least with their chelsea boots and chukka boots. Very tight across the instep. Their derby shoes on the same last 160 are fine though. Their 234 last is more forgiving.

futailee

Reaction score
The Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina, like this last!

image.jpeg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any retail shops in Lisbon or Porto to try on the lasts? Thanks in advance.

Rodman

Reaction score
Speaking of brown boots, some pics of my grain boots on 234 last in Guimaraes Patina from a few weeks ago (purchased from Quality Shop):

The grain is fantastic:

Would you consider the 234 a narrow last? By the photos, it seems to work really well on boots

futailee

Reaction score
Would you consider the 234 a narrow last? By the photos, it seems to work really well on boots

234 is quite a generous last, I wouldn't think it is narrow, especially comparing it to 160/187. Hope this helps!

Rodman

Reaction score
I am starting to discover this brand, How would Santos compare to Carmina or C&J in terms of quality?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am starting to discover this brand, How would Santos compare to Carmina or C&J in terms of quality?

They are very close in terms of quality. Also both come with shoe bags, CS comes with a shoehorn too a small +, but owning both I have to give the nudge to Carmina for top overall.

But some things to note, all my CS have the rough side out in the heel cup, I find this is a real good idea to prevent heel slip.

I mean overall the CS will cost you less than the Carmina and that is in line with each respectively.

I think it come for to style each brand has its place so it will be more personal preference than quality or price. Also the fit of the last should be considered for your comfort.

I mean if there is the best quality shoe in the world but you hate the look. the fit, what good is it anyway.

Bottom line you will not be disappointed with the quality.

If you are in the US Saks off Fifth sells CS for average $220.00 US and you can almost always find a $30 off coupon making them $190.00, free shipping coupon, and there is no way you can go wrong at that price, I even seen a clearance pair at $129 free shipping shoe bags, a shoe horn, and goodyear welt how can you ever go wrong.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to wear my Eliza hightops today. I remember that when I had posted that sacksoff5th had these on sale for $169 someone had said the style was to fashion forward. Not sure here there they are today with simple jeans, I think the look great. In the past 2 hours I have gotten 3 comments "those are nice looking shoes" from 3 random passing ladies. So maybe they are fashion forward but I am pleased with the look.

IMG_20170920_111615.jpg

gbandi

Reaction score
Decided to wear my Eliza hightops today. I remember that when I had posted that sacksoff5th had these on sale for $169 someone had said the style was to fashion forward. Not sure here there they are today with simple jeans, I think the look great. In the past 2 hours I have gotten 3 comments "those are nice looking shoes" from 3 random passing ladies. So maybe they are fashion forward but I am pleased with the look.

View attachment 845286

View attachment 845286

I can see why these would be complemented by 'random passing ladies'. The best compliment I have received are come men who know good shoes "are those lobbs?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads