• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ypuh

Reaction score

Ypuh

Reaction score
Received my new Carlos Santos derby's today. The Bosco color looks not much like the photo on their website. @Noblekostas hinted they may be more of very dark/bottle green color, I was hoping more of a moss green, and it turned out kinda smoke gray/green, but I like them nonetheless.

The quality is what I expected from Carlos Santos. If you look closely, you see a few stitches and result of handpainting that could be better, but the overall quality and especially this Z397 last feel more expensive than you may expect at this pricepoint.
a.png

Carlos Santos Gary-3.jpg

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my new Carlos Santos derby's today. The Bosco color looks not much like the photo on their website. @Noblekostas hinted they may be more of very dark/bottle green color, I was hoping more of a moss green, and it turned out kinda smoke gray/green, but I like them nonetheless.

The quality is what I expected from Carlos Santos. If you look closely, you see a few stitches and result of handpainting that could be better, but the overall quality and especially this last Z397 feel more expensive than you may expect at this pricepoint.
View attachment 2202043
View attachment 2202047
Thank you for sharing and I hope you enjoy them. Bosco is a very tough color to portray on pictures, this kind of a moss green with some hints of grey sounds quite accurate.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of nice shoes on sale :slayer:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of nice shoes on sale :slayer:
You have got a great selection there @Noblekostas

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It's probably because the initial offering had a handgrade leather sole some years ago. I will correct it. This is on last 401. I've made field boots on 445 and 316 as well.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

Is there any chance there will be a MTO in the future where you can also specify the type of leather used? For instance a suede or grained shaft with a smooth leather bottom part of the boots? An unlined shaft option would also be great.

afontenot89

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm looking into picking up a new pair and considering some CS options. Are all of the boots crust leathers? I'm a little concerned that they won't hold up as well as something completely dyed through.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornmarrow