Carlo Franco

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by linux_pro, Feb 1, 2005.

1. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

Hello, this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone had experience with Carlo Franco ties and/or shirts? I was considering purchasing one on ebay for $90, but not sure how great they are. Also, I grabbed one of these suits (by Palasso)... does anyone know if they're any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....c=photo

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Carlo Franco, Carlo Franco... The name seems familiar, but I can't quite place it. Oh, wait a minute. Here we go.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

I'm 99.9% sure that suit never retailed for $2,000+. Â It's one of those brands that suckers people in based on the 'made in Italy' claim. Carlo Franco stuff is top-notch, as many members of the forum can attest to. Chuck from the Forum owns the company.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've never heard of Palasso. As for the Ebay seller though, notice his 100% feedback rating with 3354 transactions. That's very impressive any way you look at it. His photography is excellent in the auctions, which surely helps.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I think I actually know the guy whose selling that, I think he owns a tailor shop in Temecula.. or it at least seems likely, since its a town of less than 80k pop. and there is only one or two places that sell italian suits.

6. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Allow me to contribute the additional .01%

Anyways, as those suits go, that's seems to be a nice one. Not too bad of a deal.

8. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I emailed the guy selling Palasso a few months back, asking him about construction of the suits, etc. His response was along the lines that no one uses canvas construction anymore, and that I'm nuts for trying to find it. I was tempted to point him to Jil Sander, Helmut Lang, Prada, etc, but figured that if he really believed everything he said in the auction about Palasso then he wouldn't be convinced.

Tom

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

many people believe that lying is okay as long as it comes under the banner of sales.

i once had a salesman tell me not to bother looking for double-vented suits. "it's not out there. you're not going to find it."

10. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I finally got a Carlo Franco tie, back when Chuck ran a sale on ebay. The one tone violet-blue tie - CFT08. very subtle, very nice - the stripes are created by the weave. more feel than any of my other ties. will definitely buy again, once i get around to tailoring all of my other purchases.

11. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Anyone heard from Chuck lately? Haven't seen anything new on his site for awhile - wondering how his 'expansion' has been going...

12. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Tell me about it. My alterations tailor is probably going to add me to his Christmas card list.