1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Carlo Franco shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Nov 9, 2004.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Would you be kind enough to measure post-multi-washing sleeve length. I ordered a 17x35. On other less illustrious brands I sometimes get 17x36 to account for shrinkage.

-

Yes, as luck would have it, you have more in my size. However, the depleting bank account may not be able to sustain it just yet.

-

2. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

On shrinkage - I really haven't seen much in any of our fabrics.  I'd say MINIMAL.  Naturally if you toss them in the dryer on the hottest setting cotton will shrink a bit but in all honesty I have neither seen it nor had it reported back to me.  After a few thousand shirts I would have heard if it was a problem.  The only real complaint I've heard about was button crushing cleaners and Yoda Kabbaz has the best advice on that one - get a new cleaners.

On the second issue, I feel your pain :)   Life's little annoyances (like the new battery and starter I needed this week) get in the way of more important things... like ties, shirts and shoes :)

I need to find a mechanic who likes ties....

3. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

Yoda Kabbaz..heh..that made me stop to read that twice. The stitching is strong with this one... [​IMG]

4. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Since when did your Little Red Wagon have a battery?

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(Carlo @ April 13 2005,15:12) ...The only real complaint I've heard about was button crushing cleaners and Yoda Kabbaz has the best advice on that one - get a new cleaners.
    Yoda Kabbaz..heh..that made me stop to read that twice. The stitching is strong with this one... [​IMG]
    Thats cus his medicloth count is high... [​IMG] Jon.

6. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

When is that tie sale you mentioned, Chuck? Have the late designs come in?

7. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Alan - clearly you did not register for our email list on the website :) Go register so I can email you without it being Spam.

New ties in soon, supposed to be here already but Italy is a little slow right now with events in Rome.

Chuck

8. arenn1

arenn1 Well-Known Member

Let me just chime in to say that I think the Carlo Franco shirts are an even better value than the ties. At $120 they can't be beat. The white herringbone and the blue/white nailhead are my favorites. I do think that the shirts may be a bit too luxurious for office wear, but I don't let that stop me [​IMG] The white herringbone shirt with my black suit and red Carlo Franco paisley tie is one of my favorite combos. Of course, Chuck still owes me a shirt...

9. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I'll watch my inbox. [​IMG]

10. oscarthewild

Chuck is rubbing it in.  As a result of feeble (and unsuccessful) attempt at being frugal/cheapskate, I missed out on the last blue herringbone FC in my size.  What really tops the cake is that he has started using this kind of shirt in his avatar.  

Is there no consolation in this cruel, cruel, Blue herringbone FC shirtless world?

More importantly, if anyone has intents of returning a 17x35 blue herringbone french cuff, please do it pronto amd please be kind enough to PM me.

Thanks

-

11. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Fair enough. If it does not work, I 'll let you know. If it is the most amazing shirt I have ever owned and cannot imagine any thing more luxurious, I'll let you know.

12. oscarthewild

(oscarthewild @ April 14 2005,13:51) Chuck is rubbing it in. Â As a result of feeble (and unsuccessful) attempt at being frugal/cheapskate, I missed out on the last blue herringbone FC in my size. Â What really tops the cake is that he has started using this kind of shirt in his avatar. Â Is there no consolation in this cruel, cruel, Blue herringbone FC shirtless world? More importantly, if anyone has intents of returning a 17x35 blue herringbone french cuff, please do it pronto amd please be kind enough to PM me. Thanks -
    Fair enough. Â If it does not work, I 'll let you know. Â If it is the most amazing shirt I have ever owned and cannot imagine any thing more luxurious, I'll let you know.
    Stare deep into this page. [​IMG] Repeat the mantra, its not working out, its not working out. Must return shirt. Now.

13. marc237

marc237 Senior member

14. marc237

marc237 Senior member

15. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

I registered. Didn't get squat. I guess he knows that, IMHO, ties hide my center plackets. Hate the damn things. Almost as bad as suit jackets. [​IMG]

16. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Alan - clearly you did not register for our email list on the website :) Â Go register so I can email you without it being Spam.
    I registered. Didn't get squat. I guess he knows that, IMHO, ties hide my center plackets. Hate the damn things. Almost as bad as suit jackets. [​IMG]
    ...but you never confirmed it did you Alex? Do so by tomorrow morning and you'll get a present.

17. oscarthewild

I registered and confirmed. Looking forward to goodies.

18. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Check your inbox tonight, we will be running a reminder on the current promo for everyone who signed up, thanks.

...and hopefully we have all the duplicates removed.