• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carhartt clothing

SC Widders

Reaction score
What do you all think about the Carhartt coats? Post pictures if you have any

hastur

Reaction score
Good quality for the price, great for the jobsite... ?

I just bought a Carhartt hoodie for the gym. Needed something I could throw on while I was sweaty that would protect me in the cold coming out of the gym, that I could also wash.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Quality is really good for the price, the metal zipper is sturdy, it has an inside pocket, and the fit (small) is pretty good. I'm not really sure it's all that fashionable, though
smile.gif

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
Good quality for the price, great for the jobsite... ?

I just bought a Carhartt hoodie for the gym. Needed something I could throw on while I was sweaty that would protect me in the cold coming out of the gym, that I could also wash.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Quality is really good for the price, the metal zipper is sturdy, it has an inside pocket, and the fit (small) is pretty good. I'm not really sure it's all that fashionable, though
smile.gif

I think it's interesting that the XXXXX-Large costs as much as the Small. Wouldn't the XXXXX-Large use almost twice as much fabric and thus warrant a higher price

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the inexplicable APC x Carhartt capsule
carhartt-apc-collection-2.jpg
carhartt-apc-collection-5.jpg
And my favorite
carhartt-apc-collection-6.jpg

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugly **** that somehow might work for lumberjack-styled hypsters

madstaxbro

Reaction score
I had a twill Carhartt bomber, wasn't that great. Whenever I need heavy duty stuff for outdoor work, the cheap stuff at Tractor Supply does fine.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
I think it's interesting that the XXXXX-Large costs as much as the Small. Wouldn't the XXXXX-Large use almost twice as much fabric and thus warrant a higher price

Yes it does cost more. I can't remember off hand at what size we are supposed to do an upcharge, 3XL I think and 2XL tall possibly.

SamG-

Reaction score

My Favourite Carhartt Workwear Jackets and coats

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little surprised it doesn't get more attention on this board, given that it is workwear worn by people who actually need workwear for their work.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think any tradesmen are wearing Carhartt WIP. WIP is their streetwear brand. They sell it at places like Nordstrom and Sak's.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
I don't think any tradesmen are wearing Carhartt WIP. WIP is their streetwear brand. They sell it at places like Nordstrom and Sak's.

Unfortunately Carnhartt WIP shares exactly the same logo with the regular blue collar Carhartt and is not expensive enough for fashion snobs to take the brand seriously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads