1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Care for RM Williams Vesta Leather

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by John F, Jul 2, 2016.

1. John F

John F New Member

Hello,
    I'm starting a new thread since I can't seem to find any information on the subject anywhere on the internet. My question is as follows:

How do I properly care for RM Williams boots made from vesta leather?

The scarce info I've been able to find online is that you should never use leather conditioner, without any explanation as to why. Also that you're supposed to apply leather and saddle dressing when needed.

However; I really want to polish them with colored shoe cream to cover up scuffs and create a nice patina. I went to my cobbler who sold me some brown Saphir cream, but are now thinking that it may somehow ruin the quality of the Vesta leather since the product has some conditioning effects.

Anyone with experience who can give me some advice? It would be much appreciated.

/John