1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Care for leather non-dress shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jockstick, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jockstick

jockstick Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if the same steps for shoe care apply to leathers that haven't been finished the same way as dress shoes. i.e. Should I still wax? Do I need to condition?

Is there a product that protects from the rain/elements that doesn't darken the leather? I guess wax does that, but it'd be nice to have the option to not make the shoes shiny. Any specific product recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jockstick

For example, if you buy some casual leather boots for the winter (may come in contact with rain, snow), what would you treat it with out of the box? How would you maintain the leather?

3. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

I too would like answers to some of these questions. Recently came into possesion of some rough AE McTavishes and a couple of designer leather sneakers, and would like to know the appropriate way of taking care of the....

4. jockstick