• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cardigans

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm cold, and need something to make me warm. A cardigan seems like an idea. Any sources for good ones? I'd rather not pay LP cashmere prices, but want something that doesn't suck. Wool, cashmere, camel, lambswool are all fine.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
I tried on a couple of cash BB cardigans at the store and they fit well. I don't know if Brooks changed their measurements or what, but they looked and felt nice. Made in Scotland.

IIRC they were 40% off. I realize BB is a bit downmarket for Young Master Matthew.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLBL makes a very fine gauge, slim-fitting cashmere cardigan, and their end-of-year sale should be coming up soon. But if you're cold now, then maybe J.Crew?

--Andre

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it's not too down-market, J Crew make a nice fitting cardigan. I have a few in the cotton-cashmere blend. Won't last forever, but they're cheap, esp. on sale.

edit: guys beat me to it.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lands End. No joke. I have camel and lambswool. The former is sort of scratchy, but very warm. The latter is so soft you might mistake it for cashmere. They are decent looking, though not nearly as nice as the really nice ones you will see posted from time to time. But they rarely leave the house, so I don't care.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I tried on a couple of cash BB cardigans at the store and they fit well. I don't know if Brooks changed their measurements or what, but they looked and felt nice. Made in Scotland.

I have a few cashmere 'Made in Scotland' BB sweaters from a couple years ago. They pill like crazy. I knew the ~$350 price tag had to be too good to be true.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
You wear cardigans at home?

1930 house with old windows and steam heat. Even with the therm set in the low 60s, the heating bills can be shocking. So, yes.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few days ago there were nice cashmere zip Cucinelli cardigans at the SF Neimans at 30 off their sale price.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
No mention of Brunello? Knitwear is where they excel, i think and I would look to them for cardigans/sweaters.

I'm with Ed. Brunello as well as MALO and Zanone make some non grandpa versions with excellent fabrics. I'd go with Navy. In fact, I bought one for the very reasons you mentioned. My girl has stolen the Malo within a day, then again, she steals everything from Malo because it's so soft and lux.

Barney's has these already at deep discount.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an alpaca vest that I love.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Lands End. No joke. I have camel and lambswool. The former is sort of scratchy, but very warm. The latter is so soft you might mistake it for cashmere. They are decent looking, though not nearly as nice as the really nice ones you will see posted from time to time. But they rarely leave the house, so I don't care.

1930 house with old windows and steam heat. Even with the therm set in the low 60s, the heating bills can be shocking. So, yes.

I have an alpaca vest that I love.

You are giving me a weird Mr. Rogers vibe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40