• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Card Case Instead of Wallet?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with a silver card case instead of a wallet from now on. I like the idea of the slim design and if I did I would keep only the bare essentials in it. I'm just tired of having the unsightly bulge of a leather wallet in my jacket or back pockets. You guys have any thoughts as to pros or cons?

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
I'm thinking of going with a silver card case instead of a wallet from now on. I like the idea of the slim design and if I did I would keep only the bare essentials in it. I'm just tired of having the unsightly bulge of a leather wallet in my jacket or back pockets. You guys have any thoughts as to pros or cons?
I use a leather one from Launer. There are no cons - you are forced to carry less and it is small enough to go in your front pant pocket if you're not wearing a coat. I do keep a larger wallet for travelling, though.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am about to move to one myself - I like the Bottega 6-slot.

I NEVER carry cash anymore, and if I ever start to.. I'll just get a money clip.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use a leather card case as well. It's just big enough for 2-3 cards and a few bills folded in half. I use it daily except when I'm out in the evenings where I prefer to use a much nicer wallet instead.

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
I've been using two card cases for years, in addition to a wallet. The wallet contains just about all the stuff a wallet usually contains, including the more needed cards; one credit card-size case contains all the other cards, while a larger squarish case contains medical tablets.
bigstar[1].gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently changed to two card "cases", one in each front pocket of my trousers. One has slots on each side for credit cards; the other has a money clip on one side. So far, it's working well. It keeps me from carrying all the s*** I used to carry in my wallet, so my trousers drape much better. The only downside is that I don't carry change, but it was the coin purse stitched into my wallet that gave it much of its bulk.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
same - card case and money clip

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
Recently switched to a leather card case (bought from an SF member) and I HIGHLY recommend it. You can barely feel it in your back pocket.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a wallet-sized vintage cigarette case to hold a few cards and occasionally a few folded bills. At some point I may get a card case, but this works for now, and is more unique.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
A card case and a money clip is all I need unless I'm travelling overseas.
What else would you keep in your wallet if overseas?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A combination front pocket card case money clip like this:

dustyhillwallet3iw7.jpg

dustyhillwalletke3.jpg

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Passport.
Your passport fits in your wallet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads