• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Detailing

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
^All right, now we are talking. A full-on massive detail with engine bay detail. That explains the extra day. I usually spend 6 hours on my leather interior alone. Its a real pain but it keeps it looking sharp. Metal polish on the wheels will slow on down as well.

I cannot imagine the work involved in doing bare metal wheels. They look amazing but way to much work for me. Clean em up and throw a clear coat on em.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I cannot imagine the work involved in doing bare metal wheels. They look amazing but way to much work for me. Clean em up and throw a clear coat on em.

I use either Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Klasse All In One.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you guys have lost me already. you're saying the soap i bought is so bad i should throw it out and go buy something more expensive?? :roma: i mean, i understand it might not get the car up to your standards ,but again, i have none where this is concerned. if it gets the car clean and reasonably shiny, and doesn't do any damage, i could give two craps.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
you guys have lost me already. you're saying the soap i bought is so bad i should throw it out and go buy something more expensive?? :roma: i mean, i understand it might not get the car up to your standards ,but again, i have none where this is concerned. if it gets the car clean and reasonably shiny, and doesn't do any damage, i could give two craps.

It might be decent. What brand did you buy?

turboman808

Reaction score
Nothing is worse then using **** soap.

I used to be real cheap about this stuff back before it became a small hobby for me. I remember buying some pink store brand stuff at pepboys and it left my car with a white haze.

My favorite store brand soap is gold class. I've used NXT soap and it wasn't bad either. Still Gold class is ******* nice. Very gentle and slick.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Gold class is very good but Zaino Z7 has more "bite". Duragloss is very good. Poorboys Super Slick & Suds is excellent.

turboman808

Reaction score
Poorboys is throwing a weekend detailing seminar next weekend. I'm gonna attend and hopefully pickup some new tips and tricks.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Poorboys is throwing a weekend detailing seminar next weekend. I'm gonna attend and hopefully pickup some new tips and tricks.

Where is it?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well wash, clay, cutting polish , fine polish, glaze then wax. Then wheel sealant, polish metal, clean and prep leather. Clean under hood, clean and protect all the rubber, plastic and vinyl.

It's alot of work and I haven't even polished the glass. LOL

I've been documenting some of my progress. Share with friends and also so I can go back and remember what I did.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=199657181e

Impressive effort, and great photos.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Impressive effort, and great photos.

Thanks

I'm still learning and I don't have a garage for my solstice right now so it's an uphill battle.

Gonna take the accord to the poorboys weekend. Not as exciting but it needs it. LOL

also on the hunt for a vanden plas xj6. Can't wait to detail that up.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screwed up a car using a clay bar on 3M film. Now it's kind of scratched
frown.gif
Perhaps will try some polish on the 3M.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
http://store.carcareonline.com/onegr...6ozbottle.aspx

http://www.onegrand.com/ogpprodomegaglaze.html

Has anyone used the one grand omega glaze? I'm wondering if it's appropriate for a silver 2008 G35 sedan -- one grand's product info seems to indicate it's better for darker colors, but with clear coat that may not be relevant.

Car has 20K miles and garaged at home and work so paint is in good shape, but this will be my first time using anything other than wax (one grand blitz wax).

I've used 3M hand glaze in the past on a 92 Q45. Is it any better/worse than the one grand product?

http://store.carcareonline.com/3mimp...6ozbottle.aspx

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Instead of listening to zaino beta tester artisan fan's propaganda you guys should visit a detailing forum and see that there are a million other things that people use.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Instead of listening to zaino beta tester artisan fan's propaganda you guys should visit a detailing forum and see that there are a million other things that people use.
Propaganda? I'm just sharing my informed opinion. I've tried everything and keep testing new stuff. I did not become a beta tester until I had tested them all. I still think for the money the Zaino is the best in terms of looks and durability. But I'm happy if folks here just experiment with the boutique or online brands. I think most will find they are generally better than anything you can find locally. However, if you don't want to try Zaino...look for these lines...P21S, Poorboys, Pinnacle, and Mothers which is a decent brand you can find locally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads