• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Captain America: The Winter Solider (Movie Thread) 04/04/14

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fox does have the rights on mutants including the usage of the word so Marvel/Disney cant use it.

Usage of the word. Crazy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Huh, I assumed they wouldn't put QS in without the SW (only seen his hippy-style costume). Still, I have faith in Singer; also expect Guardians of the Galaxy to be another hit for Marvel - but I'm not happy about Rocket Raccoon's casting.

yes I think they could do better casting a different raccoon. that one can't act even if his life depends on it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it tonight. Enjoyed it. I liked the first one more with the way the characters and story were developed. But, this is good, action hero fun.

They showed a trailer for the next SJ movie LUCY. That looks to be enjoyable.

phoni

Reaction score
yes I think they could do better casting a different raccoon. that one can't act even if his life depends on it.

I know; Marvel fail by trying to save some money. I heard this one hasn't even finished RADA. Definitely should have picked his cousin!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still not as bad as that dude they cast as Groot. Talk about wooden acting...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this a running gag or am I missing something?

Bradley Cooper isn't bad and Diesel was great as the Iron Giant and as Groot, dude has one line, "I AM GROOT!" and that is it. :lol:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this last night. It's easily my favorite solo Avengers film. It was entertaining from start to finish and those fight scenes between Cap and the Winter Soldier were phenomenal.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
This afternoon. I really enjoyed it, but am more of a Thor guy. The Cap is too uptight..

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
but isn't that what's kinda endearing about him, his being "uptight" in the modern world? a fish out of water situation... like when balki moved to chicago to live with his cousin larry....

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OK< maybe the wrong place to ask this but sci fi dorks, plus sneaker head RX might be able to answer. I just watched Terminator last night and noticed that in the beginning when John Connors first comes through naked and hiding in a department store he steals a pair of Nike's. They show them close up when he is hiding the the photo booth. Any idea what they were? John C. and Arnold look pretty damn good for 80's action stars, not cringe worthy at all.

Also, I just noticed, but Bill Paxon has a bit role as punk #1 who gets jacked by Arnold. Might be his first role?

Billy Paxton has the singular honour of being killed by the big 3, that role in Terminator, Hudson in Aliens, and Detective Lambert in Predator 2.

I actually met him once a decade ago, he's a really nice guy.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh ... Lou Costello bested Count Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and The Wolfman in one movie.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads