• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Capital Bikeshare

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who thinks the bikeshare program in DC (Capital Bikeshare) is one of the best things ever? I love it. It gets me to school quicker than would driving my car, considering the morning traffic in DC. It's healthy and fun. It's extremely convenient (no need to worry about maintenance, parking or one-way trips). And, I admit, I think it looks cool, too.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Am I the only person who thinks the bikeshare program in DC (Capital Bikeshare) is one of the best things ever? I love it. It gets me to school quicker than would driving my car, considering the morning traffic in DC. It's healthy and fun. It's extremely convenient (no need to worry about maintenance, parking or one-way trips). And, I admit, I think it looks cool, too.

Yeah I saw one of these stations at the Verizon Center during a Caps game while in town for Thanksgiving. Was wondering what it was. Seems like a cool idea right up until November or December sets in. They should offer an 8 month subscription for $50.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love how hundreds of bikes have popped around the city seemingly over night (more like a few months). I've used it once and it's pretty damn good. I'd rather have my own bike though.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
It requires that a bikeshare station be near your destination, right?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and sq4you did it to get back from H Street after the metro closed. It was pretty great for that purpose and way cheaper then a cab. Of course if we had drunk more we probably would've been fucked.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Ha, I was pretty drunk when I used it. Luckily we were going from foggy bottom to U st.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
It requires that a bikeshare station be near your destination, right?

They're everywhere. I have 2 stations within three minutes from my apartment.

Benzito

Reaction score
They've tried multiple times in Portland to get that program started, but to date, all of the bikes either are stolen or end up in the river. Nobody has apparently thought to make it more of a subscription-based plan that might actually pay for itself and provide some disincentive to just taking off with a bike (painting them bring yellow wasn't a good solution).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fact that it works in DC (albeit White-DC) means there must be a solution in portland.

Benzito

Reaction score
Unlike D.C., the liberal progressive movement in Portland is more worried about appearances and show pieces rather than actual results. Too many "idea guys" and not enough who focus on gettin' **** done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads