• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cape Cod Vacation

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Considering going to Cape Cod for a little R&R in September. Would drive up.

I know nothing about Cape Cod, but it sounds more interesting than the other places the S.O. is recommending. Bear in mind I have a 16-month old.

After googling, I now know that Cape Cod is not one town but in fact contains about 15 little towns. That's how little I know about it. Any recommendations on where to stay, which town to make home base, things to do, or if this is a bad idea with a little one? Seems like between walking trails, beaches, little towns, some bicycling, nature, and good scenery this coulg be a decent trip. Appreciate any help.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we rent a house in brewster every year. good restauarant, woodsy as opposed to beachy with a nice lake and bike trails very nearby. brewster coffee shop is great for a quick meal too.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^us too.
devil.gif

CrispyDuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Chatham
+1. Grandparents located there, pretty cool little town. Really quiet, main street with shops, bunch of beaches within a 10 minute drive etc.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Chatham

From somone who has grown up outside of Boston and has been going to CC for a long time, Chatham is my favorite as well. 2d would be Orleans. My parents have given up on the cape based on traffic and now rent a house in Sandwich.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
we rent a house in brewster every year. good restauarant, woodsy as opposed to beachy with a nice lake and bike trails very nearby. brewster coffee shop is great for a quick meal too.

^ we owned a condo at Ocean's Edge that was fun.. great coffee at the Brewster Coffee Shop... there is a fantastic bakery shop on 6a. After we sold the place in Brewster..we picked up a nice cottage in Provincetown... enjoy being closer to the beach and there are some fantastic dining options as well.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We appear to be buying at oceans edge from what my wife tells or doesn't tell me. How are the prices in ptown?
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
^ we owned a condo at Ocean's Edge that was fun.. great coffee at the Brewster Coffee Shop... there is a fantastic bakery shop on 6a. After we sold the place in Brewster..we picked up a nice cottage in Provincetown... enjoy being closer to the beach and there are some fantastic dining options as well.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
We appear to be buying at oceans edge from what my wife tells or doesn't tell me. How are the prices in ptown?
ptown pricing can be a bit pricey, compared to brewster .. but there are still some good deals to be had.... it worth finding a buyer's agent just to do the leg work.. a lot of choices .. I did see a lot of for sale signs in Truro when we went up this summer.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
love orleans too. and the wellfleet drive-in is one of life's little joys.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
My parents have given up on the cape based on traffic and now rent a house in Sandwich.

will-ferrell-20080228034343217.jpg

[Will Ferrell as Harry Caray]
If you have a house in Sandwich, how hard would it be to eat yourself out of house and home?
[/Will Ferrell as Harry Caray]

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We rent a house in Falmouth sometimes. Not the best of the Cape, but has ok beach relatively and the Woodshole section of town has a ferry to Marthas Vineyard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads