• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cap Toe Boots

machochino

Reaction score
Hey SF,

This will be my first post. I'm still pretty new on here but I've searched and searched these forums.

I really like these ankle boots made J. Lindeberg called "sidewalk shoes." I have attached pictures. However, I can't seem to find any alternatives in my size, preferably black.

The closest thing I've come across are Alden cordovan cap toe boots. Or some allen edmonds they dont even carry anymore (Brantley I believe). There were some Peal cap toe boots I liked, but too formal.

I'm looking for something that can be dressed up or down. Those Aldens are nice but not in my budget. (I do watch for them on ebay like a hawk!)

So any suggestions?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
All the options that I know of -- and they are nice boots -- I fear would blow your budget. I'm not sure there are any nice dress up/dress down boots that fit the bill.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a very timely thread, as I was just wondering the same thing.
I, too, love the style of the Aldens but they are out of my price range at present.

Those Stacy Adams boots mentioned by quevola look nice, but for the "hi-shine" finish.
Are they as shiny in real life as the photo seems to indicate?

neyus

Reaction score
The SA boots are nice, but Im afraid that they fall into the corrected grain category. I have seen some ebay however that looked a little older and used higher quality leather.

machochino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
This is a very timely thread, as I was just wondering the same thing.
I, too, love the style of the Aldens but they are out of my price range at present.

Those Stacy Adams boots mentioned by quevola look nice, but for the "hi-shine" finish.
Are they as shiny in real life as the photo seems to indicate?

I ditto that. I like the style of that pair but the leather makes it look flashy, plasticy, and maybe cheap. I'd be willing to spend $300 on a good classic boot.

machochino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
All the options that I know of -- and they are nice boots -- I fear would blow your budget. I'm not sure there are any nice dress up/dress down boots that fit the bill.

What are these options? Maybe I could find a bargain somewhere.

I think classic cap toe ankle boots, such as ones Ive seen made by Peal on Brook Brothers, can easily be worn with a pair of jeans or slacks. But there's not many options.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Lobb, Edward Green, Vass, and Grenson (for Paul Stuart) all make nice dress boots. But they are well over $500 a pair. Some -- for instance the Shannon, from Edward Green -- are made-to-order only, so they will never be on sale.

A slightly cheaper option would be Carmina, but I they are hard to get in the US.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a pair of Coach (please don't laugh
blush.gif
) boots just like that, they pretty much go with anything from jeans to casually worn slacks/suits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads