• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canterelli, what can you tell me about them?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I am considering a canterelli suit or two.
As most of you know, I am a Caruso fan.
Will I be disappointed by Canterelli?
What are they on par with?
I am considering the Yoox, Canterelli labeled product.
What say Ye about Canterelli? (I know they make for loads of other labels, as does my beloved Caruso).

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Cantarelli / RLPL SCs, strong/padded shoulders, very slightly tapered waist, decent construction, ho-hum drape and materials. They are at par with RL Blue Label by Corneliani in terms of material and quality, which a different cut, IMO.
Antirabbit, they are not up to your standards, I am pretty certain of that.

Regards.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought a Cantarelli sportcoat from Yoox. It arrived with working buttonholes
censored.gif
and conspicuous, tacky pickstitching along every exterior seam
uhoh.gif
. Maybe my sample was an exception, but it made me think Cantarelli is too flashy for my tastes.

But hey, Yoox has a great return policy. Can't hurt to check one out and see if you have better luck.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doc,
What were the shoulders like?

Shikar, my brother....I trust you.

Damn, I needs a blue suit.

EasyGoing

Reaction score
They make Faconnable sportcoats, yes? If so I have a recent model with almost no padding in the shoulders.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I bought a Cantarelli sportcoat from Yoox. It arrived with working buttonholes
censored.gif

Who doesn't like working buttonholes? You can show off how rich you are in you're "bespoke suit". Who cares if its a bit more to tailor? Chicks know that working buttons = $

mr. magoo

Reaction score
For the past several years, Cantarelli has been on of the lower-line Bergdorf suits/jackets. I have a cotton gabardine suit that I bought on sale for like $300 a few years back. The cut is relatively square and it's worth the money if you don't require top of the line. Less flashy that Borgioli, BG's other entry-level suit, and generally pretty conservative looking at BG.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox has a separate section for Sartoria Cantarelli which has one suit. The suit has unfinished sleeves. I almost bought it as it's cheap and I was thinking it could be a 'special' Cantarelli, but could find no mention that there was an upper line for the brand.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make the lower end Davide Cenci suits as well. By "lower end," I mean only in relation to the other DC suit brands, Belvest and St. Andrews/santandrea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads