• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cantarelli Shoes

Markboots

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Cantarelli shoes? I have seen reviews of the clothes but not the shoes. As per Yoox, all I know is the leather is categorized as soft with a rounded toe and rubber sole but would appreciate anyone providing any comments to the quality.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Mark

eknapp

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of casual suede loafers with a rubber sole for $140 via Yoox and am very happy with them. IMO You will be hard pressed to find anything close to the look and quality at this kind price point

Markboots

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of casual suede loafers with a rubber sole for $140 via Yoox and am very happy with them. IMO You will be hard pressed to find anything close to the look and quality at this kind price point
Thanks!. I bought mine for next to nothing so worth the purchase and glad to hear you like yours.

Brimston

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Was thinking of also pulling the trigger on a pair. How are you finding them?

Barry Lau

Reaction score
I'm eyeing a pair of loafers in yoox too, any gentleman can share his experience with Cantarelli shoes, please ?

ultramantaro

Reaction score
YMMV. I bought a snuff suede desert boot and they seem to be put together a bit cheaply. With that said, the shoes were on sale on Yoox for only about $50

Backhand

Reaction score
I bought a pair of maroon medallion cap double monks off yoox (hopefully not what you were eyeing). Comfy and head turning, Ill get back to you on everything else. These are statement shoes not daily wearers but the leather looks and feels good. Not certain who actually makes them but the soles look exactly like Ace Marks, but with better and more edgy burnishing. These have leather soles, interiors and uppers.

Barry Lau

Reaction score
I finally bought the pair of loader I’ve been eying on YOOX, at US 79! Really a steal!

Unfortunately, the loafers don’t fit in my small feet...

The leather of loafers is quite soft, surprisingly with good patina, sleek last, build is quite solid, not sure it’s Goodyear welted or bake rapid.

I would say this pair of cantarelli is comparable to Carmina, better than Carlos santos, but worse than Enzo and Vass...

Backhand

Reaction score
I finally bought the pair of loader I’ve been eying on YOOX, at US 79! Really a steal!

Unfortunately, the loafers don’t fit in my small feet...

The leather of loafers is quite soft, surprisingly with good patina, sleek last, build is quite solid, not sure it’s Goodyear welted or bake rapid.

I would say this pair of cantarelli is comparable to Carmina, better than Carlos santos, but worse than Enzo and Vass...
My double monks I believe are blake rapid, fit really well and no break in required and the patina as shipped was good... with a little work they are already even better. Not sure who makes them for cantarelli but I suspect they use several different producers so there might not be consistency from model to model. What factory does Ace Mark use? Lots of things look similar to their double monks but with cooler/finer details for less than $100 they are worth it and they have flash that really stands out. I plan to wear them at an outdoor patio event in 9 days... Ill report how it goes but just wearing them down at my espresso place on the corner drew immediate compliments like, "whoa.. niiiice shoes".

Last edited:

Backhand

Reaction score
been working on the patina because I never want shoes to look absolutely never worn but here they are.
shoes2.jpg
Box said Cantarelli "Vivaldi"

a bit more vivid than here but the phone camera really oversaturates them in other light photographically

Last edited:

Backhand

Reaction score
Btw... learned a bit more and mine are definitely Blake (possibly rapid, but it looks exactly like the bottom of ace marks top has more detail and likely better leather, insides are different and better though) but it seems quality and still resoleable. The outsoles look a lot like Ace Marks so likely the same manufacturer,. Frankly,I like how the leather is less shiny and leathery looking than ace marks. Would never buy at full price but nice statement kicks. These get worn once a month. Wearing to an outdoor patio event atop a tallish building tomorrow. *update, they were super comfy for event and I ran a block to catch a train with no visible problems from the pounding. They seem well made. More like an Italian sports car than an English taxi. I appreciate them being not super shiny or plasticy in any way... just leathery and using my typical method they took on a nice patina. Overall... not ridiculously high quality but nice statement kicks.

Last edited:

Backhand

Reaction score
wore to a second event, a high end car show today and liked them so much I decided to get a pair of Cantarelli cocoa colored wingtips for a steal on yoox (played that lucky spin thing and got an extra 25% off laced shoes on top of the 20% already discounted so for less than $60 its a buy for me). Id never pay $250-$600 for them but $60. Yeah. Never owned a pair of wingtips before but since I wear jeans and sportcoats so much i doubt Ill regret it. I dont like plain dark brown but this is my second pair of cocoa shoes... in pictures these seem to be a little more red than the cocoa plaintoe derbys I already have. Will report on these new brogued kicks too. Ive found the leather is nice and gets a good patina quickly... not plasticky or shiny at all on the first pair and comfy immediately on the first pair.

Backhand

Reaction score
Received my second pair today via Yoox. Cocoa colored wingtip brogues. They fit a bit tighter than the monks at first but they loosened up to a comfortable degree quickly but still fit tighter than the monks. Nice quality, though I think they are factory seconds at $55 these were a definite buy. Still blake or blake rapid construction and they collected compliments as I wore them around. They look great with jeans and these will likely be my goto for dressing jeans up a bit.
cant_side.jpg
cant_pants.jpg
Cant_under.jpg

Last edited:

AlonsoMerino

Reaction score
hello, any comment on the fit of cantarelli?

for comparison I am usually a 10.5 but also have shoes size 10 even within the same brand depending on the model (but usually derbys), for instance I have oxfords from cole haan sized 10.5 and a pair of derbys sized 10, I also have ted bakes boots sized 10.

as a side note if anyone has tried Ducal's how would they compare with canterelli?

Backhand

Reaction score
I havent tried Doucals but have been tempted. As for Cantarelli I have the 2 pair pictured above. A pair of red double monks and the cocoa colored wingtips. The wingtips fit tighter but broke in fine but were tighter at first... especially the width. The Double monks were immediately a great fit and I have normal width, somewhat medium to low-ish arches. I fit most shoes. I get lots of compliments from them and they look good. Probably not great if you are a banker, too much pizzaz but fine for date night, art events or if your job values creativity. The leather on the double monks was very supple and the wingtips though firmer seemed to be quality.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads