• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cantarelli clothing

musiczone

Reaction score
There has been some talk about Cantarelli suits lately,where can i find them? I live near King of Prussia(suburb of Philly).Thanks

dorian

Reaction score
Well, you can find them at any Ralph Lauren store. Cantarelli makes the Blue Label line.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cantarelli makes the Blue Label line.
Unless something has changed very recently, Corneliani, not Cantarelli, makes the Polo tailored clothing.

dorian

Reaction score
According to the senior sales manager at RL in NYC, the Blue Label suits are now made by Cantarelli, which I believe owns Saint Andrew's. There is always some confusion in determining who makes what, but the Cantarelli-Saint Andrew's connection seems to support that Cantarelli makes Blue Label (and Saint Andrew's Purple Label).

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been some talk about Cantarelli suits lately,where can i find them? I live near  King of Prussia(suburb of Philly).Thanks
Last time I was in Philly, Boyd's didn't have any Cantarelli (Belvest and Brioni were the nicest suits I saw there upon a cursory inspection). Bergdorf Goodman is the only store in nyc that carries Cantarelli, to the best of my knowledge, although I'm sure there must be other stores that carry them.

koji

naturlaut

Reaction score
(dorian @ 14 Aug. 2004, 09:05) Cantarelli makes the Blue Label line.
Unless something has changed very recently, Corneliani, not Cantarelli, makes the Polo tailored clothing.
The last time I checked, Corneliani is making the Purple Label suits, and probably been for the past two seasons or so. Those in Bergdorf Goodman are in Cantarelli's own label, but Cantarelli does private labels too, the old Huntsman come to mind.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to the senior sales manager at RL in NYC, the Blue Label suits are now made by Cantarelli, which I believe owns Saint Andrew's. There is always some confusion in determining who makes what, but the Cantarelli-Saint Andrew's connection seems to support that Cantarelli makes Blue Label (and Saint Andrew's Purple Label).
I compared the chest pocket tags in Corneliani suits with the chest pocket tags in Polo suits just now, and they are identical. Furthermore, the suits currently in the Polo store don't appear any different from the Corneliani ones that Polo has been selling for the past few years. Admittedly, this isn't determinative since Corneliani and Cantarelli could both use identical chest pocket tags (although I would think that this is unlikely) or the merchandise I saw in the Polo store was old (although it was certainly in fall fabrics).

dorian

Reaction score
Well, we all know how reliably informed sales people can be.
wink.gif
In this case, I don't understand how this fellow could have been misinformed, but I'll defer to you, jcusey, since you've checked the labels/tags, et cetera. Next time I'm caught in the RL mansion's magnetic pull, I will be sure to be less surprised at the Cantarelli response and more inquisitive about its validity.
smile.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, we all know how reliably informed sales people can be.
wink.gif
In this case, I don't understand how this fellow could have been misinformed, but I'll defer to you, jcusey, since you've checked the labels/tags, et cetera. Next time I'm caught in the RL mansion's magnetic pull, I will be sure to be less surprised at the Cantarelli response and more inquisitive about its validity.
smile.gif
Well, it could also be that Ralph is using multiple sources for the suits or that the Cantarelli stuff hasn't made it to the benighted wilds of Houston yet.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Corneliani and Cantarelli could both use identical chest pocket tags

No, you were right, they bear no resemblance to each other.

I've seen Purple Label items that were made by Cantarelli, but not Blue Label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads