• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

can't sleep

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's not late (or early) but it's so amazingly frustrating when you want to get to sleep but can't. 1 vidodin and ambien within an hour and i still can't sleep. i suppose i could raid the fridge for some milk and Oreos. but then i'd have to brush my teeth again.

no other point to this post really.

arrrrgh...........hmmm...ok...starting to feel a little woosy...and the emoticons are starting to look 3d at the edges of my eyes...

-Jeff

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I tell myself a story. Puts me right out.
smile.gif

Seriously.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. When I can't sleep, I do a series of leg lifts, the more strenuous, the better. That helps me, to relax. Also, try tensing your entire body, limb by limb. Extend your arms and legs and tense your muscles. Release the tension, little by little, an arm and leg at a time. This method has never failed me.

stach

Reaction score
There are some incredibly boring streaming video lectures online. They never fail to put me to sleep within minutes.
smile.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, note to self. never mix vicodin and ambien again. i fell asleep right away but woke up with the most horrible hangover and feel like puking.

-Jeff

Impulse155

Reaction score
2 things...

some times people cant sleep because they forget to do something...

So make sure theres no boogy man in ur closet
No monster under ur bed
On tuesday your wearing the Tighty Whities that say Tuesday
If you have a Wife make sure your sleeping with her

You get my point

2) Watch hockey if this fails always puts me right to sleep if theres no fights

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
alien.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
Clown will eat me.
We all float down here, Nicky.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
ok, note to self. never mix vicodin and ambien again. i fell asleep right away but woke up with the most horrible hangover and feel like puking.

-Jeff

Watch out with Ambien, that stuff is crazy. I was taking it for a while and if I didn't fall STRAIGHT asleep, like within 5 minutes, I would be up for hours having waking dreams and racing thoughts. I didn't like it. I would also occasionally send really weird emails to people during these spells and only vaguely remember doing it in the morning. Luckily nothing too embarrassing, but enough to make me stop taking it.

BTW, Colin Powell was quoted right during the beginning of the 2003 war that "everyone here [presumably, the White House or State Dept.] uses Ambien". That cleared up the 'how do they sleep at night' question...

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
yeah, it's not late (or early) but it's so amazingly frustrating when you want to get to sleep but can't. 1 vidodin and ambien within an hour and i still can't sleep. i suppose i could raid the fridge for some milk and Oreos. but then i'd have to brush my teeth again.

no other point to this post really.

arrrrgh...........hmmm...ok...starting to feel a little woosy...and the emoticons are starting to look 3d at the edges of my eyes...

-Jeff

just rub one out...

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
night number two. asleep at 11:30pm. awake at 2am and have been since. now it's 4:55am. i should probably give some background. i was diagnosed with a herniated disc a few monts ago and started sleeping on my back. i think that sleeping position is finally catching up to me as it gives me back soreness and is not so comfortable anymore. although once i fall asleep i seem to be ok.

anyway, it's good to have SF during the wee hours of the morn.

-Jeff

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throw in the Lord of the Rings DVD with the volume just quiet enough that you can't tell what they're saying. Or the lectures like stach said (I thought I was the only one!). Noam Chomsky has a particularly soothing voice.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried anything with doxylamine succinate? It's over-the-counter - I believe it's called Unisom Sleep Tabs in the US - but it's the only sleep aid that works for me, whereas prescription stuff like temazepam has no effect on me whatsoever.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
well now its my turn.

1.40 am, sleep nowhere in sight.

dammit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads