• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

can't sleep

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
well now its my turn.

1.40 am, sleep nowhere in sight.

dammit

probably because it's like 95 degrees with 100% humidity where you're at. heh heh. just a stereotype of Vietnam that i have although i'm sure it's not too far from the truth.

seriously though, from the previous posts, i like telling yourself a story and the tensing/relaxing body thing.

-Jeff

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't fallen asleep before 6am for the last 3-4 months... 2am is nothing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alka Seltzer PM usually does a good job of zonking me out.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it's a lot easier to sleep when there's a girl in bed with you.

Of course, perhaps it's not the fact that the girl is simply there, but rather the fact that she gave you one hell of a workout moments prior.
devil.gif

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've ocassionally had good results with valerian root. You can buy the tablets at Walgreens. It's a natural sleep aid. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. There is a tea by Celestial Seasonings called Sleepy Time. The Extra Sleepy Time has Valerian root in it as well. A nice pot of that about 10:30-11 p.m. sometimes works very well.

I have been an insomniac for years and years, A good night for me is 6 hours.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I find it's a lot easier to sleep when there's a girl in bed with you.

Of course, perhaps it's not the fact that the girl is simply there, but rather the fact that she gave you one hell of a workout moments prior.
devil.gif

Braggart!
tounge.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I haven't fallen asleep before 6am for the last 3-4 months... 2am is nothing.
Maybe that's why you're so cranky.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
This wont work for 99.99% of folks, but listening to loud fast Hardcore music is a guarantee for me to fall asleep before the CD ends.

But VMan's suggestion is definitely the best one.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
This wont work for 99.99% of folks, but listening to loud fast Hardcore music is a guarantee for me to fall asleep before the CD ends.

But VMan's suggestion is definitely the best one.

it might sound strange, but that definalety works. To me, listening to hardcore is like listening to a wishwasher or dryer, which to me helps me fall asleep.

mr_economy

Reaction score
I've had good luck with melatonin. It doesn't help me fall asleep, but once I'm out I will be completely gone for the next eight hours. Wake up feeling well rested too.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr_economy
I've had good luck with melatonin. It doesn't help me fall asleep, but once I'm out I will be completely gone for the next eight hours. Wake up feeling well rested too.
I use it as well. I also get strange dreams from it, which I don't mind.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah yes...back again...night number 4 of insomnia. anyone out there have experience with Vicodin withdrawal? i'm 99% sure that's what i'm experiencing since i recently had back surgery and don't require Vicodin anymore for pain relief.

either way, it sucks. supposed to last 7-14 days. i can't even imagine how heavy users of drugs would deal with withdrawal issues.

anyway, just my completely random thoughts until sleep does hit.

how about that T.O. eh? looks like he's also got some Vicodin problems. heh heh heh.

too bad i can't drive out to the Fred Segal sale tomorrow...oh wait, that would be today...because my doc recommends only driving short distances.

damn i hope those RM Williams boots i bought at STP fit. have a feeling they're going to be too big though...

anyone out there have a PSP? while lying down and recuperating during the day, i browse the SF on the PSP web browser. it's surprisingly functional compared to the web browser on my blackberry which is a complete piece of crap.

i just played 18 holes on Tiger Woods 06. Highlands course with rain and wind with the most difficult tee and pin placements. played against Sunday Tiger. i shot a 93 against Sunday Tiger's 85. ouch. hey...that reminds me...i gotta catch the Amer Ex Championship this weekend...

allright...that's enough i suppose...probably be back manana...
musicboohoo[1].gif

-Jeff

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I think having too much stuff around causes me to stay up a lot later than I normally would. In my house I know I've got movies, booze, SF, school books, etc. that I could be doing. Put me in the guest bedroom of someone's house and it could be 8 pm and I'd pass out. Put me in the bedroom of a lady friend and I'm back to my insomnia.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sleep is for the weak.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can sleep when you're dead...

I haven't gotten a "good night's sleep" since I was like 3.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads