• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't sleep the night before an exam or other somewhat important event

milosh

Reaction score
So I had an exam this morning at 8AM and had about 2.5 hours of sleep before it. I went to bed around 1. My mind goes into overdrive thinking about random stupid bullshit as soon as I lie down.

Halp!

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't worry about exams, but the exact same thing happens to me the night before flying out or going on a road trip.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Happens to me all the time. ******* sucks when it does. Travel or jet lag usually sets it off. But an upcoming stressful event, in and of itself, can also prevent sleep.

Ambien is not the ideal solution, but it's what I do.

MistyPioneer

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time before a test back in college or before a meetting at work. It also happens when I have to wake up early even to leave for a trip or go to an event. What I usually do is put on some headphones and some jazz music and helps me get to sleep.

milosh

Reaction score
So after the exam I slept for about 3hrs. I have one more exam on friday around 10AM I hope I can at least get more than 3 hours. :/

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
i like to have Lucid dreams before any major event.that way i can determine the outcome by means of astro projection...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take an otc sleeping pill. There's one that's the "PM" part of Tylenol PM (no Tylenol). It worked really well for me when I needed sleeping pills without a prescription. Just make sure you take it about nine hours before you need to get up, or you'll be groggy as **** come test time.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Take an otc sleeping pill. There's one that's the "PM" part of Tylenol PM (no Tylenol). It worked really well for me when I needed sleeping pills without a prescription. Just make sure you take it about nine hours before you need to get up, or you'll be groggy as **** come test time.

suggesting that he take mind altering drugs before a major exam is pretty low!!!!
devil.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start smoking weed. Problem solved.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens to me after a particularly raucous weekend. But being a zombie at work on Monday is kind of a blessing in disguise. Once you snap out of it, it's Tuesday!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have a drink then have some sex. A good night's sleep is assured.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't sleep if there's anything outside of my normal schedule the following morning. haircut, meeting, whatever....if it's outside of the norm, it keeps me up. 2 shots of bourbon and the pandora "spa" channel help immensely.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i can't sleep if there's anything outside of my normal schedule the following morning. haircut, meeting, whatever....if it's outside of the norm, it keeps me up. 2 shots of bourbon and the pandora "spa" channel help immensely.

what type of candels do you burn?
GayEmoticon.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosh
So I had an exam this morning at 8AM and had about 2.5 hours of sleep before it. I went to bed around 1. My mind goes into overdrive thinking about random stupid bullshit as soon as I lie down.

Halp!

I am exactly the same way, and I can say unreservedly that Ambien has changed my life.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can fall asleep any time of the day or ... zzzzz ... zzzzz ... zzzzz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads