1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Miserable, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Miserable

Miserable Member

Hope any expert can help please. I bought Saphir Renomat and used it to remove the old wax on my pair of shoes. After leaving the shoes there for a few day with the renovateur on them, I polished my shoes with wax as usual. However, the problem was that, no matter how many layers of wax I polished the shoes, I just couldn't get them into mirror shine as they was used to be before the first time I used the Renomat. I'm not sure what exactly happened to the leather but I guess maybe somehow the Renomat damaged the leather as the leather touched like not as smooth as other part of the shoes which I didn't use the Renomat on it.
    Will appreciate if anyone can explain to me what happened on the leather, and any way it can be fixed please. Attached is the pic of my shoes at current condition. Hope it provides some clues.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

How many layers of wax did you use?

3. Miserable

Miserable Member

4. chogall

chogall Senior member

Let dry with nothing on it.

And 10 layers of wax is nothing after you removed factory finish.

5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

What you are doing is obviously having an effect. The toe is noticeably shinier than the rest. Keep at it.

6. Miserable

Miserable Member

Thanks guys. Will keep at it.