• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canon S95 vs. Canon S100

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of the upgrades to s100 has to do with video. maybe many of you shoot video on a digicam, but i personally dont. the wide angle improvement is marginal... zoom.. not something i care about (shot s90 in wide mode literally 90% of the time).

honestly speaking the s90 is plenty good

blairh

Reaction score
Do you guys think I should upgrade my current P&S? I've been using the Canon PowerShot SD750 for almost 4 years now. I love the quality of my pictures, but I'd prefer to get a camera that is really slim and pocketable instead (that takes equally as nice if not nicer pictures at the same time).

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geotagging would be good on the s100

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys think I should upgrade my current P&S? I've been using the Canon PowerShot SD750 for almost 4 years now. I love the quality of my pictures, but I'd prefer to get a camera that is really slim and pocketable instead (that takes equally as nice if not nicer pictures at the same time).

depends, do you have a problem with your current camera's functionality or picture quality? because it is already at the same dimensions as current ultra-compact models...

blairh

Reaction score

depends, do you have a problem with your current camera's functionality or picture quality? because it is already at the same dimensions as current ultra-compact models...

No problems or gripes at all. Only thing that spurred a potential move to a new P&S is getting a camera that is thinner and more pocketable. I was under the impression that there were quality P&S currently in the market that were substantially slimmer, no?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problems or gripes at all. Only thing that spurred a potential move to a new P&S is getting a camera that is thinner and more pocketable. I was under the impression that there were quality P&S currently in the market that were substantially slimmer, no?

most of the camera specs i saw were ~90x55mm which is in same ballpark as yours.

the company that makes very slim camera is casio but i think most of their product is junk.

for compacts and ultracompacts i think canon is still the way to go, so if indeed they have new smaller ixus line then that may be worth pursuing otherwise i dont think theres a real gain

blairh

Reaction score

most of the camera specs i saw were ~90x55mm which is in same ballpark as yours.
the company that makes very slim camera is casio but i think most of their product is junk.
for compacts and ultracompacts i think canon is still the way to go, so if indeed they have new smaller ixus line then that may be worth pursuing otherwise i dont think theres a real gain

I like Canon a great deal and it appears they don't have any slim P&S. I think the model I saw that I liked some time back was Sony. I'll probably just stick with what I have. It would be nice to have something super slim that snaps killer photos like my current Canon.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know current model sonys are much improved but the stuff they pushed out in the early-mid 2000s was straight embarassing in how poor they were

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads