• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We recently became an affiliate vendor with Styleforum and wanted to formally introduce ourselves to the community. This will function as our official thread to talk shop, sizing questions, brand information, early access to product and sale, etc.

If you aren’t familiar with Canoe Club, we're a menswear store in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. If you've been, you know how lucky we are to be located where we are. We are comprised of a small yet growing team hailing from different avenues in the fashion world and are equally as excited to be stocking and representing these brands in our store as we are to wear them.

To give you a better idea of our selection we carry Engineered Garments, Kapital, Needles, Levi’s Vintage Clothing, RRL, Brandblack, Monitaly, orSlow, New Balance, Tomorrowland, and many more.

Additionally, we’d like to offer an exclusive Styleforum discount code for first time customers of 15% off. Use the code “STYLEFORUM15 “ to access the discount.

Canoe Club

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you guys on here. One of my favorite purchases of the end of last year came from y'all: Iron Heart's superb corduroy jacket.
63b4d1429d9e8e9bcd33fdea40473306810a126c_2000x.jpg

Seen you on a few other threads already, too. Always great to have another highly engaged affiliate. :)

Y'all have good taste. I can't put my finger on what makes you different from a lot of other shops stocking similar stuff (we all know who they are), but there's definitely something. I think it's your willingness / ability to integrate slightly more fashion-y stuff into a workwear base. Real cool taste in footwear.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome guys. Love the shop and big fan of your buys. Have bought quite a couple of things over the past 2 years.

Hope you guys prosper!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to have you guys on here. One of my favorite purchases of the end of last year came from y'all: Iron Heart's superb corduroy jacket.
63b4d1429d9e8e9bcd33fdea40473306810a126c_2000x.jpg

Seen you on a few other threads already, too. Always great to have another highly engaged affiliate. :)

Y'all have good taste. I can't put my finger on what makes you different from a lot of other shops stocking similar stuff (we all know who they are), but there's definitely something. I think it's your willingness / ability to integrate slightly more fashion-y stuff into a workwear base. Real cool taste in footwear.

Hey! Thank you so much for the kind words. That jacket was so sick, glad you dig it! The team and I were very surprised by how spot on your assessment is with what we are trying to communicate. I know it's already understood in a place like this, but we like the idea of offering those little tastes of fashion and different lanes to those guys in town who strictly wear raw denim and boots, ya know? I'm super stoked to be here, looking forward to getting to know y'all and making some friends.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Care to shed some light on your SS plans? New buys? Things you’re looking forward to? @shopcanoeclub
Of course!

First and foremost, I know we're super excited for our LVC shipment. Not to jump the gun, but if that piques your interest at all I'd check back early next week :) Engineered Garments is always exciting, we wrote a little deeper in Universal Works, too. I know we have some special things coming from Kapital, too(per usual). We've only had one season with Tomorrowland, but I really am curious to see their SS19 fabrics.

We are also expanding footwear and have a couple of new buys coming in 2019. One of which is New Balance, which we're super excited about. I think the Boulder crowd will be receptive, but I'm personally looking forward to snagging some cool collaborations. Our Brandblack should be here soon as well. I've liked the story behind that brand and where they're headed. I have another really cool footwear company coming it looks like maybe in Fall, I'll let everyone know more about that when the time comes. Another one of my "grail" brands.

Are there any brands you're personally feeling heading into Spring? Anything you're curious to see if we get?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what comes out of Kapital for spring, especially for accessories. Always a big fan of Yuki's brands, too. Y'all should get the Diemme duckboots but without the black rubber. Get a brown rubber!

I shoulda stopped by to check y'all out when I was in Boulder last year. Wish I knew!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what comes out of Kapital for spring, especially for accessories. Always a big fan of Yuki's brands, too. Y'all should get the Diemme duckboots but without the black rubber. Get a brown rubber!

I shoulda stopped by to check y'all out when I was in Boulder last year. Wish I knew!
All good bro, I can see we're gonna be homies anyway. What brought you to Boulder?

I'll push for those duck boots as we write fall - it seems appropriate for Boulder, yeah? My LL Beans have been with me for like 6-7 years now. As for the Kapital gear, we are going to be going pretty heavy in accessories. I mean, we're going to do that in general in the coming seasons, but especially with Kapital, EG. As soon as those hit we end up burning through them. I don't think we wrote 'em, but I feel like i almost need one of those dog tags they posted on their insta a couple of weeks ago.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please add measurements to your site. I receive your e-mails, but am constantly dissuaded by the lack of measurements on the site.
I'll present this to the team, I know we've talked about it. With that being said (I know it's probably less convenient and not as streamlined), but if you ever have any questions about measurements or sizing, I'm more than happy to help with that. I could shoot you an email from my CC address, too, so you had a direct contact line.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please add measurements to your site. I receive your e-mails, but am constantly dissuaded by the lack of measurements on the site.

Seconded. Sites like Self Edge and Rivet and Hide put measurements up for each product. Takes the guesswork out of a purchase.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who ask for measurements never buy anyways
All good bro, I can see we're gonna be homies anyway. What brought you to Boulder?

I'll push for those duck boots as we write fall - it seems appropriate for Boulder, yeah? My LL Beans have been with me for like 6-7 years now. As for the Kapital gear, we are going to be going pretty heavy in accessories. I mean, we're going to do that in general in the coming seasons, but especially with Kapital, EG. As soon as those hit we end up burning through them. I don't think we wrote 'em, but I feel like i almost need one of those dog tags they posted on their insta a couple of weeks ago.

Was visiting Denver and popped into Boulder for a day. Unfortunately didn't get to do much since it was mid-December when I was visiting and so couldn't do a lot of the outdoors stuff that I wanted (I don't know how to ski or snowboard, so I was hoping to do backpacking and camping), so I'll probably head out there soon again. Flights to Denver are always cheap from ATL.

Yeah the Diemme duck boots are fantastic, I just wish the rubber they used wasn't black. I think it sorta clashes (but I don't wear any black).

Just placed my order for the sleep bandana. Was tempted to get this:

19c679fb1c949a7a435b725c6dc0c1a20a741b8f_2000x.jpg

Honestly can't believe there's a full size run still. Super tempted to pick it up.

Adroit

Reaction score
I'll present this to the team, I know we've talked about it. With that being said (I know it's probably less convenient and not as streamlined), but if you ever have any questions about measurements or sizing, I'm more than happy to help with that. I could shoot you an email from my CC address, too, so you had a direct contact line.

Internet shoppers do not want to waste time calling or e-mailing a store. Rather, internet shoppers -- who often shop after hours -- want measurements posted, so they can make decisions on the spot. You want those impulse transactions.

More than once, I have found a product on your website, searched elsewhere for measurements, and ended up finding the same product for less (with measurements posted). You don't want people leaving your site to find measurements for your products. You lose sales this way. My humble suggestion: Post measurements AND price your products more competitively. Price comparisons are easy on the internet.

For example, I just went to your website, randomly picked a brand (Orslow) and randomly picked a product: hooded sweatshirt. You charge $365. I then googled Orslow hooded sweatshirt. First page of Google, the same sweatshirt is offered for $309 (top listing), with measurements posted, and $337. Likewise, you have the Orslow 105 and 107 jeans priced at $335. The first listing on a Google search for Orslow jeans has the same two jeans for $286, with measurements posted. BTW, I have purchased many products from the lower priced store and their service is excellent. Thus, had I seen these products on your website and been interested in them, I would have searched for measurements, found the same products for less with measurements posted, and purchased the products from the other store. I selected these products completely at random. I suspect the results would be similar for many of your other products.

I mention the foregoing because I like your product lines and I would love to do business with you. That said, the lack of measurements and higher pricing are meaningful obstacles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads