• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got some new arrivals!

Universal Works delivered with a lot of tan, brown, and navy. Some unstructured blazers, lightweight materials for spring, shorts, some polos and spread collar short sleeve shirts - really strong compared to last Fall in my opinion. I'll start to share some images as we style and photograph it for the site.

Needles this season is heavy with patterns. All fabric used is killer per usual, really excited about a couple of these sweaters. We received the red track suit, but some other track-ish options as well. Will also be posting up photos when they're ready.

With these two early deliveries, are there any other brands (outside of all you EG fiends) that you're looking forward to? Anything we have currently you'd like to see styled together? How can we work together here and make this fun?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some new arrivals!

Universal Works delivered with a lot of tan, brown, and navy. Some unstructured blazers, lightweight materials for spring, shorts, some polos and spread collar short sleeve shirts - really strong compared to last Fall in my opinion. I'll start to share some images as we style and photograph it for the site.

Needles this season is heavy with patterns. All fabric used is killer per usual, really excited about a couple of these sweaters. We received the red track suit, but some other track-ish options as well. Will also be posting up photos when they're ready.

With these two early deliveries, are there any other brands (outside of all you EG fiends) that you're looking forward to? Anything we have currently you'd like to see styled together? How can we work together here and make this fun?

MONITALY

YUKETEN

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW ARRIVALS

BRANDBLACK

Newer brand for us, but quickly becoming a shop favorite. Really cool story, and are manufactured to a higher degree than a lot of shoes in the same space. My personal favorite was the Nomo, I compare the feeling to the Rollingait sole (found on other Brandblack models). Coming from a history in basketball, David Raysse has developed shoes for Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady, and Kobe Bryant to name a few. In terms of our footwear, we're enjoying pushing a little bit of a new aesthetic in regards to the rest of our brand list. Here is a video we made for launch of the Fall collection as well as a link to the backstory regarding the brand itself. Worth noting it's available now, and not soon like the video would suggest.

https://shopcanoeclub.com/blogs/the-back-story/brandblack-sneakers-now-available-canoe-club

-
-
-

UNIVERSAL WORKS
Universal works provides a little bit of flavor at an extremely reasonable price point. A lot of the fabrics are lightweight or linen and promote a sort of "baggier" fit. Product from UW sits well with Japanese brands like Engineered Garments and Kapital due to highlighting fit itself and allowing for layering. A good chunk of this collection could be worn interchangeably and in a stylish manner without looking too much like a uniform. See more here.

-
-
-

YUKETEN
Since 1989, Yuketen have been making footwear that reflects a global perspective by incorporating an eclectic but tasteful palate of details with strong roots in tradition - footwear that is built to endure and age beautifully with an impressive forward looking aesthetic. Each style has its own historical reference and thematic era, building on those lessons by rearranging heritage details - combining stitches, hardware, and refining lines - reevaluating fit, and constantly improving - season by season, millimeter by millimeter - until the final product has earned its integrity. Collection here.

Last edited:

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
TOMORROWLAND
Hiroyuki Sasaki was born near the US naval base at Yokohama in 1947. From an early age, Sasaki was intrigued by western style and the romance of international trade at the bustling port. After graduating college, he took a job at a textile export company, combining his interests and developing an ambitious understanding of making it his own way.

Sasaki began developing his own fabrics using traditional methods like kiryn orimono, a homespun tweed technique, and then launched the Tomorrowland menswear line in 1978, constructing garments that balance the quality of tradition with modern innovation. It takes an average of three months to produce a Tomorrowland clothing sample good enough to cut into a sophisticated silhouette. His signature deconstructed take on classic Ivy League Style has been the consistent casual elegance that Tomorrowland is known for - as easygoing as it is detail rich.

Here is a link to our backstory from last season!

61-1551375811164.jpg 1-1551375811225.jpg

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub

Could you give me measurements for the Filson Tacoma jacket size large? I’d like the p2p, sleeve length, shoulders and length (from center back). Thx

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got you!

Pit to pit: 25.5"
Sleeve: 25.5"
Length: 27"
Shoulders: 21"

@gaseousclay

Thanks. Could you give me measurements for size small and medium as well? The large measurements are huuuuge. I tried Filson’s size feature on their site which suggested I’m a large, and clearly I’m not.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sleeve measurements from shoulder to cuff? Thanks for checking

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have to stop in at my local Filson shop and try that jacket on. Really hate that their tops are boxy and seem to be made for big people

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads