• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cabub

Reaction score
@Phullyman thanks bro, especially from you.
@cabub slightly slimmer than previous seasons, but still a really nice, straightforward fit. I sized up in the regular olive ripstop FAs and just needed to use the waistband ties
Hmm… see I want a slightly roomier fit but I’m just short of 6ft so I’m afraid that a M would be too long… what do you recommend?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All right, weekly announcements:

look1.jpg
look2.2.jpg
look3.2.jpg
Engineered Garments SS23 Second Delivery is live. Lots to love in this collection. I'd like to highlight the Jungle Fatigue jackets as well as the Crepe Camp Shirts. Both are going to be legendary summer pieces especially if you live where it's too fuckin' hot.

--

Still a newer brand from us, just received another shipment or two from Our Legacy. I'm actually super surprised by just how well this brand has been received by our crowd. It's obviously getting a lot of chatter around the ether that is the internet, but I'm stoked our community also digs. Everything here is super wearable and doesn't feel too "Fashion", which sometimes OL can lean for me.

--

Document has also landed, and what a pleasure it has been. Second season with them, really was looking forward to touching and trying all this stuff on. Walkthrough above, notice that Denim Harrington - absolutely the standout to me.

Appreciate you guys, per usual. Hit me with any questions, happy to help.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gooooooood morning everyone. New episode just dropped. Much less about clothing, more just riffing and telling stories. It's a good one, I hope you guys dig.

---

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.43.04 AM.png
In other news, more product has arrived. This time, by the internet-loved brand Our Legacy. It's obviously been on my radar for a minute now, but I've been trying some of the stuff on and I'm really into it. Very affordable for the quality IMO, and silhouettes for days. Those loafers are solid as a fuckin' rock.

---

Junya Watanabe try-on vid is also live, for anyone keen to wear some art.

---

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.41.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.41.43 AM.png
Also, massive Anonymous-ism shipment has landed as well. Maybe give some of these boxers a go, or the cute socks with the summer camp vibes.

Be in touch y'all.

botzzz

Reaction score
hey CC team - love the content and the buy!

as a total degenerate, i prefer when sites new releases are done chronologically, you guys seem to mix it up so some new stuff shows up well down below (and also brands aren't clumped together) just wondering if this is something you found to be helpful in terms of getting people to buy, or if there's any chance you might switch to a standard chronological order?

More than happy to be shot down on this, but I am curious about it

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@botzzz that's actually really helpful feedback, thanks for taking the time! yeah, so it comes down to us manually arranging product, and oftentimes we get partial shipments, then get the rest of the boxes 3-4 days later, etc. i'm gonna remember this and try to be a lil more orderly with it, but it mostly appears in how it arrived, which is often not in full

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
00A9B76C-B2DA-4A3B-A1F3-3843370890AC.jpeg

ALLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT. So, I've wanted to throw some love to the Styleforum community, and now that I've got plenty of Spring merchandise in, I think the time is right. This sale will run from today until Sunday at midnight, so have at it.

Please use code: styleforumlove25 for 25% off site-wide.

I know in the past some of y'all have enjoyed me posting what I consider to be some of the sleeper pieces of the season, so please see below. These are all things that I'm surprised we still have units of.

hobojones

Reaction score
^Awesome gonna browse through the site, thanks for always looking out for us Chase! Question: the old man and the sea kapital hat, any idea on inner circumference? I’ve got a big head (my fitted size is 7 5/8, 61 cm) and japanese brands usually keep things on the smaller side. Thank you!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@hobojones hmmmmm so, hat sizing is always super hard for me (i never remember what size my head is, i've also got a lot of hair right now), but - The Old Man and The Sea hat measures at 8.25" roughly... but it's so malleable it's hard to get an exact measurement

hobojones

Reaction score
Follow up question: has it been shown that larger sizes just don’t sell well for you guys? I notice that your buys usually exclude XL, for example the acronym drop just now only goes up to L, for the visvim amplus it goes up to 4 (L) rather than 5 (xl). I think maybe it’s just my big guy problems lol but for example when you’re modeling and you’re wearing a size 4 in orslow (you’re a pretty fit/lean guy) it kinda already puts you on the “larger” end of the spectrum in terms of who the store caters to if that makes sense.

Anyway, not a big deal as I can always find my big guy sizes elsewhere but I’d love to get some insight as you’re so engaged with the community and I enjoy having the podcasts on in the background after a long work day.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@hobojones i hear what you're saying here, and there are definitely times that even I can't wiggle into something, so i totally understand where you're coming from. IMO, it depends 10000% on the brand itself. for instance - LWC tees I sell L and XL more by quite a large margin. depends also how brands size. for ACR in particular, that's probably a little more fringe of an example, cause frankly we don't go super deep in that brand at all.

thanks for listening to the pod! hope yesterday's episode hit for you, i've been loving telling roommate stories lol.

hobojones

Reaction score
Makes sense, maybe some of the brands I mentioned are more niche or they trend towards ambiguous sizing like acr. In these cases I think I can fit the L but I’d prefer the XL for that comfort/oversized fit. Anyway, good to get some perspective.

I was listening to the podcast with coop last night and it was great. I remember him from the early youtube videos and I wondered where he went. I’ll have to check out the roommates one this weekend

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just popping in to say that I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed the podcast given that the genre of Two Dudes Talking for an Hour is a well-tapped market.

Perhaps I'm biased because, being a lifelong Michigander, a lot of the Midwest stories/preferences really hit home, but the podcast has become one of my few subscriptions that I almost never skip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads