• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm eyeing the Kapital Zip Alpine fleece. Never owned any Kapital before; if I'm generally a medium in everything, would a size 3 work? Or is this one of those cases where it's Japanese so everything is cut small?

Depends on how you want it to fit. Standard or oversized? How tall are you? Chest size?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Afternoon fellas. Here's that follow up to the video above. This Kapital stuff is really moving - seeing lots of SF codes coming through. Appreciate y'all.

---

ian.jpeg

NOMA T.D.
Now, here's a sleeper of a brand. I was thinking the other day how I feel Noma goes largely unnoticed, but can't figure out why. Here's the brand bio we wrote up that might provide some further info and pique some interest. All about fabric and dyes here.

"NOMA t.d. Was founded in 2005 by textile designer and print artist Masako Noguchi and designer/entrepreneur Takuma Sasaki. As opposed to industrial production, Noguchi and Sasaki incorporate handcrafted elements across their collections - a natural approach, or “free interpretation,” that stays rooted in clothing traditions. Noma clothing explores the movement of shape and line, shade and color, and the repeating patterns of life that overlap, connect and contrast with constant reinvention. It is a heady, near spiritual approach to design, but one that is easily understood on sight. The clothing builds on the canvas of minimalist design with little twists and pattern juxtapositions that make for compelling variations of recognizable classics."

The standout piece IMO is this one. I would've never thought it, but seeing it in our on-body on Ian really did it for me. Perfectly slouchy.

---

378A0161-Edit.jpg
Also, got in some Nigel Cabourn. This stuff rules, it makes me really want to lean into big, army repro ****. Still not sure where to put my personal dollars this Fall, but some of them might go into Cabourn.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OL promo.jpeg

New brand for us - Our Legacy has landed in a small first shipment, but more to come. I had personally put OL into a different category in my head, but I was pleasantly surprised to have had my mind changed. Materials, fit, etc. is sick on the three first pieces, the Big Cardigan being a standout.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1837628

New brand for us - Our Legacy has landed in a small first shipment, but more to come. I had personally put OL into a different category in my head, but I was pleasantly surprised to have had my mind changed. Materials, fit, etc. is sick on the three first pieces, the Big Cardigan being a standout.

Sweet!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yo all, been a busy week over my way. Lots of new stuff coming - Hender Scheme, more Kapital, the rest of my Nanamica arrives today, Document hit me and said they've got some stuff ready. Hoping for my OrSlow collabs to be gettin' out this way here soon, too.

xuGmTKeg.jpeg

Wanted to drop this here cause I know Wythe is part of the SF hive mind. I'd bet a good amount of you guys got a hold of this before me dropping it here considering the amount of Wythe flannels that went out the door following the email yesterday afternoon. Appreciate you all and hope you're having a great week.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub Are you going to carry the type 3 denim trucker jacket in the new vintage wash? Need one in a size M........

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
wA4VVoIw.jpg
qzyvztrM.jpg
X5UVGljM.jpg
u2FZ2F9o.jpg

Probably my favorite brand to wear right now, especially with the weather changing. Nanamica FW22 has landed and it's dope. Loving the proportions and how Nanamica styles their lookbooks, so tried to take some cues from them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads