• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
beasms 5.jpeg

MIL Tropical Jacket - Taupe
Stripe Cardigan - Green
Harmony Paolo Trouser - Beige
Alden Penny Loafer - Tan Suede

beasm 4.jpeg

4 Button Cuffs Jacket Print - Patchwork
2Tone Light Weight Jersey Hoodie
Harmony Paolo Trouser - Beige

beamws 3.jpeg

Short Sleeve Zip Knit Jacquard

beams 2.jpeg

3 Button Blackwatch Jacket
Cricket Vest - White
YMC Malick Shirt - Navy
Ivy Shorts Blackwatch

beamd 1.jpeg

3 Button Shirt Jacket - Navy
Gym Pants Slim Twill - Grey
New Balance Comp 100s

-

BEAMS+
LOOKBOOK
Beams - one of the world’s most influential culture brands in fields as diverse as music, art, streetwear and interior design - started Beams+ to focus on the American golden age of menswear - a period spanning from the 1940’s to the 1960’s - and adapting those styles with rich details and quality construction. In that way, the contemporary interpretations of timeless, American Trad style has modern punch and gravitas. Beams+ researches the process, construction and fabrication of vintage and then reinterprets the garments to wear better in our modern environment.

Under the current direction of Hideki Mizobata, Beams+ is entering its next chapter - expanding beyond Americana without losing that foundation, but incorporating techniques and details from many traditions. Additionally, Beams+ puts collaboration at the core of its philosophy - making it a magnet for young designers and fostering crisp, dynamic style.

trafficjam

Reaction score
Tempted by that paper denim blazer to match the paper denim pants I got on for my wfh getup, but I'm not sure I can go that Bing Crosby.

Phullyman

Reaction score
Hey! Do you guys have the measurements for the La Paz short sleeves in L and XL? Thanks!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Phullyman I'm actually out of the shop indefinitely... working from home! Timothy will stop by the shop tomorrow to pack some orders so let me have him grab those for you then. For the record I'd wear a size L at 6' 1" ish and 170 lbs.

@trafficjam that was actually one of the first items to go on IG when we started the quick sale!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Visvim is the art of clever combination without overdesign. Hiroki Nakamura was a designer for Burton Snowboards for eight years before starting Visvim in 2000. Visvim is globally known for the iconic FBT mocassin shoe that combines a modern interpretation of Native American style uppers on top of a sneaker outsole. Well received by the growing workwear movement as well as street style icons, the design combination gained it quick cult-classic status. Nakamura has continued to play with the spirit and nostalgia of vintage Americana with that same hybrid of design principles: Fusing cutting edge technology and street aesthetics with archaic craftsmanship and a passion that is authentically his. His heart is fully in his work. He wants to create “things with power,” pieces that are “really strong from the inside” - clothing with resonance. Visvim doesn’t make reproductions or copies of the past; they create future vintage.

Starting with footwear, Visvim later expanded into a full apparel line, actively pursuing context, relevance, and timelessness. Visvim’s use of premium materials and artisanal production is a projection of the integrity and purpose imbued in each piece’s final use.

This is never before seen construction and fabrics. For example, Visvim uses a crimson dye that had nearly disappeared, a dye that dates to the ancient Mayan and Aztec cultures and is derived from the cactus eating cochineal insect. He built his denim from the yarn up, taking it apart to understand and reinvent it, taking all different types of slubs to make uneven cloth with vintage heart. The depth of the details amazes, but even at a glance, Visvim has a signature that stands out.

The mix of traditional styles and production techniques with modern technology and fashion is an uncompromising methodology that “look(s) back in order to progress.”

Vis_SF-01.png

*****Also... we've got a 25% code running that applies sitewide, just saying. Use SPRING25.*****

surrender

Reaction score
Got my Harmony Paolo trousers in today and I'm in love - just have to wait a while to get them tailored, though.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As everyone here is well aware, things are changing daily and we're not exempt from the craziness. We're temporarily closed to the public at our brick & mortar BUT we're still here hustling! Everything is still fully functioning online and I'm still here to hang out and chat with y'all. If anyone is keen, we've started to formulate ways for us to still be around as a business and as friends.

Feel free to always reach me here, but I'm also available for a phone call or email at [email protected]. We've also had some fun with Virtual Appointment/Facetime appointments if anyone is interested in seeing the garments in a way outside of photos and descriptions. I will be at the shop off and on for now, but a member of our team will be around and are more than happy to help you out like always.

With all that being said, the shop is humming along! I just got in some new Visvim, Needles, and my last delivery of Engineered Garments. I've got free shipping running on every order to hopefully help out anyone still looking to snag and I'm more than happy to facilitate returns/exchanges if you end up needing to order one of each size to try on since you're not able to make it in the store.

Is there anything myself or the team can do to help earn your business? Any content you'd enjoy (clothing or non-clothing related)? I'm still working full time, but from my crib with my dog, but I've obviously got a little more time for the fun side of things right now. I'd love to work on a project with y'all... as you guys know myself and a handful of handsome gentlemen made a bandana a little bit ago. Let's brainstorm something like that. A collaboration between all of us now that we've got all the extra time on our hands.

Appreciate you guys. It makes me happy to get to have a job where I can bullshit with you daily.

Genuinely,

Chase

Pinky_Black copy.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads