1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

CANOE CLUB - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shopcanoeclub, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Adroit

Adroit Senior Member

I was doing that, but occasionally would inadvertently click on an item when trying to right click (I am not skilled with laptops) and I thereafter had to start over. I really like Canoe's product lines, but I cannot stand the website scrolling issue -- so much so that I will not go back until it is changed. I hope Canoe heeds my advice, which is merely echoing what others previously observed.

2. Landau

Landau Senior Member

While I personally prefer eager loading or a static asset page, it kinda depends on how people shop at Canoe. If a lot of people shop on mobile, lazy loading makes sense as it doesn't drain a ton of your battery/phone bandwidth at once, and it makes the shopping experience better as long as you don't have a ton of assets. Also keeps bandwidth costs down if you do a load as needed, sometimes significantly if a lot of the people who load your site are on mobile.

Ideally, I'd want the ability to do both, or at least a separate style of loading for desktop or mobile, but webdev for a small independent shop is pretty expensive as independent contractors gouge the living hell out of small businesses for mediocre work.

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

at the risk of stating the obvious, on a laptop or desktop, you can just hold down a keyboard button and click your mouse. I don't know what it is on a windows pc, but on a mac, it's the command button (often located next to your space bar). you hold that down, click your mouse, and it opens the link in a new window.

that's how i browse canoe. tbh doesn't seem that big of a deal. you scroll, click open a few items you're interested in, and then close those tabs when you're done.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

And also, I think that that is just an issue with that particular implementation of Shopify that I've seen in multiple places. I understand the annoyance - I have had that happen to me multiple times and different retailers, and then you scroll down for a full minute before you get back to where you were. It's just that the "I will never use your shop again until this is fixed" seems to me to be an overreaction. I haven't bought anything from Canoe Club yet - but I don't actually buy all the much, contrary to some people's beliefs, and I look for very specific things - so it's no knock on the store, which I really enjoy browsing. If I hadn't blown my wad on that 3sixteen roughout jacket, I'd probably be more tempted by this thing:

[​IMG]
    https://shopcanoeclub.com/collectio...te-sheepskin-leather-brainticket-jacket-brown

5. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Distinguished Member

Oh FFS

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

These are pretty nice. Restock @shopcanoeclub? Though I think maxing out at a size 10 likely takes them off the board for me.
    [​IMG]

Also, this is nice

[​IMG]

7. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hey all,

All website concerns have been passed along. I really appreicate 'em, it really does help to hear any outside advice.

@FrankCowperwood unfortunately, yeah, they only manufacture up to a US 10 :( I love the silhouette, too though.

8. shopcanoeclub

@LA Guy thanks :decisions: i'm far from a leather jacket guy, I mostly wear EG and Kapital personally, but that jacket is soooo soft. It's really wild. Hopefully you can pass through Boulder sometime soon!

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Sorta a bummer, because if they had a US11, I'd probably be game as well.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

I bought a pair of these earlier this season. Love how they look with chore coats. A little hokey, admittedly, with the patched up repairs. But they're really well done and convincing! I like that they're tonal too. One of my favorite pant purchases in a while.

Surprised they're still sitting around. IMO, the 32 could work for a size 30 waist. I'm a size 30 and thought TTS was a little too slim through the leg for my taste, so I went up to a 32.

https://shopcanoeclub.com/products/rrl-harrington-pant-grey-knight-denim

88b08a937ea4a3c95f81b9d6734b1f2d56a7f575_2000x.jpg
    10_square_1000x.jpg

11. shopcanoeclub

@dieworkwear hahah that's me on up there on the right on that second photo with some boots I made a while back prior to being with Canoe Club. I don't own these cords, but I do agree with the sizing, for anyone else out there lurkin'. And yep, I much prefer them played up with a big ol beat up chore coat or something similar.

12. lbrig

lbrig Senior Member

Just wanted to say the Canoe Club customer service is great. They tracked down a shirt they didn’t even stock from a brand they carry. Completely above and beyond.

13. shopcanoeclub

So glad to hear! We enjoy talking and chatting with y'all more than you could imagine. If you don't mind me asking, what was the item? I like to put a face to a name, or in this case a name to another name, ha.

14. espen

espen Senior Member

15. lbrig

lbrig Senior Member

It was a Corridor shirt.