• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

touchthesky

Reaction score
How the sizing on the balmacaan? Looking for a looser fit and wondering if that is true to size or a size up to achieve.

coooaaat

Reaction score
same question, lovely piece…

Also, which of the mainline Orslow jackets are closest to the black denim coverall collab piece from last year?

schraiber

Reaction score

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
oh holy ****, great response thus far from the SF crowd! sheesh!

@justridiculous thank you dude <3 hope you're doing well out there!
@schraiber i felt a little overwhelmed opening the packages cause everything felt like a "must buy this" feeling.
@coooaaat IMO it'd be this one: https://shopcanoeclub.com/collectio...1940s-coverall-original-denim-one-wash-jacket
@touchthesky if you go TTS, it'll be pleenntyyy roomy. I just threw on a size L and it was great. Plenty of drape and weight, without looking like i'm in something 3 sizes too big. I'd go with your standard US size.
@JayDotz so since this was our first buy with them, we weren't sure on fit, size scale, etc. definitely will be writing more and larger sizes in the future buys!

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Beautiful stuff, have been following them for a little and it's nice to see them available in the US! For the overcoat, do you have pics of what it looks like without a belt? Curious if the loops are very visible

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry y'all I've been fuckin' knocked out with the most intense sickness/COVID I've ever felt. Really truly rough, I feel sorry for anyone who has had to run through it. Anyway, as I get back to it I figured I'd start with a plug here.

Me and Timothy filmed this last week, forgive the unflattering angle. Also, our delivery of the new OrSlow kit has landed... same as the French Blue pair, but Olive. I'm stoked. I'll drop that here later on this week once we've shot them and have them ready.

fishlee

Reaction score
Sorry y'all I've been fuckin' knocked out with the most intense sickness/COVID I've ever felt. Really truly rough, I feel sorry for anyone who has had to run through it. Anyway, as I get back to it I figured I'd start with a plug here.

Me and Timothy filmed this last week, forgive the unflattering angle. Also, our delivery of the new OrSlow kit has landed... same as the French Blue pair, but Olive. I'm stoked. I'll drop that here later on this week once we've shot them and have them ready.

I just got back from Germany with a brutal cold. My dad is getting checked for Pneumonia. I hope you get well, then I can buy something from you! ha.
Stay well everybody. Get rest and try not to get stressed out or worked up. Easier said than done when traveling or with $ concerns, but try to manage the stress with whatever works for you.

fishlee

Reaction score
@fishlee hey thanks for the kind words. Maybe avoiding stress in 2023 is something I work towards
It's a great goal. Stress in many ways can't be avoided, but we sure can all do better at how we manage it. Simply not letting the little stuff get us all so upset, man that would go a LONG way, at least in my life. I am fairly sure the stress of 3 trains and 2 long planes got to me. I shoulda rested a bit more and not burnt the midnight oil so much on this trip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads