• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cannot choose between these two jackets.

pr3z

Reaction score
Which one do you prefer and why?

image1xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

image4xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

image4xl.jpg

Two was my initial choice, and I was intent on buying it until I saw number one and now I cannot decide.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW: I like the style of 2 much much more - and it is a far more timeless look. However, in those pics the leather quality in 1 looks a little nicer.

amnesiac

Reaction score
I don't know about the hood. I feel like it limits the jacket/makes it look like you're layering a hoodie even when you're not. But it's a plain jacket without the hood so I suspect you like it for the hood? Is it removable? I would stick with #2.

gkl

Reaction score
I'd go with 2nd for the reason mentioned by amnesiac - versatility. If you ever decide to wear a hoodie with the 1st, two hoods would look rather silly. In my opinion.

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
I don't know about the hood. I feel like it limits the jacket/makes it look like you're layering a hoodie even when you're not. But it's a plain jacket without the hood so I suspect you like it for the hood? Is it removable? I would stick with #2.
Yes, on second thoughts.. imagining it without the hood, it is much more plain than the second jacket - which I can always wear a hood with if need be. Thanks for the advice guys, I've come to my decision and I will pick number 2.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't you already have a thread asking for people to choose between these jackets?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't make a decision after the whole discussion about it in the last thread, you shouldn't buy either... Obviously, you don't have a mind of your own so it doesn't matter which jacket you choose. They'll both just be the same to you.

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Didn't you already have a thread asking for people to choose between these jackets?

I just saw Jacket 1 today and reconsidered.

\tIf you can't make a decision after the whole discussion about it in the last thread, you shouldn't buy either... Obviously, you don't have a mind of your own so it doesn't matter which jacket you choose. They'll both just be the same to you.
No. I liked both jackets to a point where I couldn't decide which to buy.

/thread

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both these jackets are equally hideous, and I supect that after a season or two you'll trash it or it'll end up on the buy sell forum.

Since you're on a limited budget, I'd recommend that you take your $200 or whatever put it to the side, add a couple of hundred over the year and buy a good jacket: Schott or Aero in the $400 to $700.

Yes, the price is substantially more but for a couple of hundred bucks the dividends are huge: a jacket that you'll be wearing 10 years from the time you buy it.

edit: are these leather and have you had the opportunity to actually touch the quality? #2 in particular looks like it will mealt under the sun.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Given only a choice between the two... suicide.

No, seriously, save your money for something better. Do some research and determine styles/looks you like and find quality equivalents.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Both these jackets are equally hideous, and I supect that after a season or two you'll trash it or it'll end up on the buy sell forum.

Since you're on a limited budget, I'd recommend that you take your $200 or whatever put it to the side, add a couple of hundred over the year and buy a good jacket: Schott or Aero in the $400 to $700.

Schotts regularly sell for ~$150 on eBay.

kakemono

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pr3z

No. I liked both jackets to a point where I couldn't decide which to buy.

/thread

So why did you make the new thread? Obviously it doesn't matter what our opinions are if you saw the one we opposed and decided to reconsider. You bviously like the first one. We obviously like the 2nd one.

Go buy the first one... its the one you want despite our tastes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads