• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali tie from ebay: fake or not?

noVA99

Reaction score
I bought this red stripe Canali tie off of ebay,.... i compared it to my Canali I bought from Nordstrom and I have to say the ebay looks fake....just want to confirm...

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
looks like a fake to me,
who did you buy it from lizstyles out of texas??
don't hold your breath for a refund as promised,
I would not return the tie,, someone suggested turning it over to the solicitor general as mail fraud,
you have nothing to loose,
ebay will most likely do diddlily squat for you,
so at least try to shut her down!

noVA99

Reaction score
yes lizstyles.....she wrote me an email saying she will refund my money....as long as I document my emails with her and send it back insured with tracking # she can't wiggle her way out of it

cvac

Reaction score
The red tie is clearly fake. I've noticed a few fake Canalis on ebay. Sad but true.

cvac

Reaction score
If you paid with a credit card, contact the company. You can probably do a chargeback then submit the tie whomever you need to. You could also send your pics to Canali and let them confirm the fake, then send those to ebay. Maybe then ebay will do something. Maybe Canali will complain to ebay too.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
yes lizstyles.....she wrote me an email saying she will refund my money....as long as I document my emails with her and send it back insured with tracking # she can't wiggle her way out of it
WRONG! I bought a tie from her in a rush to replace a tie I destroyed working, she managed to get the return without singing, and I was left holding the bag for the amount paid, I have been arguing with Can Post and US mail since on how she managed to get the tie and not sign. The tie I got from her was a piece of crap! I wrote to E bay about her and got ZERO response. I did not think of the mail fraud route, someone suggested it after I had returned the tie. http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ht=fake+canali Look at her feedback, most people have no clue or are too afraid to leave a negative feed back. I left a negative and stated the ties were fake.

hahnb

Reaction score
I never understood why people buy designer labels from Ebay, or anything of value for that matter. You're basically SOL if someone rips you off. Unless you're ripped off for several thousand dollars, hiring an attorney won't even be worth it-and it probably still wouldn't get you anywhere.

If one is fake, why would you believe the other is real?

noVA99

Reaction score
let's give the system a chance to work itself. Certified with return receipt, tracking and insurance.....she can't claim it was damaged (if she tries that route) and she can't say she di dnt get it since the date of delivery to her PO Box will be documented and she must sign for it to get it out of the "cage", the secure cage in back of any post office where they keep the registered/certified mail.

If for some reason she doesnt sign for it, I'll contact the postmaster at her home post office and ask them to investigate. I use to work in a post office and i have seen at least 2 people get fired and suspended for improperly handling certified mail (e.g. not having the person sign for it). i don't know what happened in your case.

I'll post here an update....

noVA99

Reaction score
how can you win on a chargeback if you don't follow the seller's instructions on returning it? Qoute from paypal's chargeback FAQ:

"Publish your return policy in your auction listings or on your website. Also include your return policy in email correspondence with your customer."

if you do a chargeback but don't follow the return policy, I don't see how you can win.I'm sorry to hear Zegnamtl's story but I feel that if I send back the item, Insured, with Delivery Confirmation which she has to sign for, there is little opportunity on her part to scam me. I can only see her doing something like, "oh the tie didn't come back to me in its original condition so I can't refund you your money." But you can dicked over like that with any item you buy on ebay.

cvac

Reaction score
I would give her negative feedback and contact Canali about the fakes. If they care, they will put her out of business quickly. If you want, you can also contact the other companies she peddles fakes of, and they may do something as well.

Delivery confirmation is B.S. If you want proof, you need certified mail, return receipt requested.

Since she already hasn't refunded money to one person, I doubt you will get your money. Do the chargeback if you can.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
how can you win on a chargeback if you don't follow the seller's instructions on returning it?

Is it possible to 'lose' on a chargeback? My CC issuer does them over the phone, virtually hassle free.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cvac

Delivery confirmation is B.S. If you want proof, you need certified mail, return receipt requested.

Since she already hasn't refunded money to one person, I doubt you will get your money. Do the chargeback if you can.

This is the point of my situation that bothers me the most, a signature and return recpt of delivery was requested and paid for. And yet she managed to get the parcel without signing....how is this possible?

Canada Post does not seem interested in looking further as to how this could be,
my guess is Jessica (the seller) has thought this all through rather well.
Shutting her down would be a good thing.

noVA99

Reaction score
update:

the seller refunded my money, including shipping...so I'm pretty happy just to be done with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads