1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canali Suit - Hole in Pocket and Tailoring

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fashionnoob, Apr 27, 2016.

1. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Senior member

I recently purchased a Canali suit off Yoox at a deep discount. The suit itself is great - staple light grey color, summer weight, etc, BUT there appears to be a large hole in the fabric of the left front pocket. (Please see the picture.)

Is this something that a tailor can repair by taking some fabric from another area of the suit? (Perhaps from the bottom of the pants after shortening?) I would hate to have to return the suit, but I cannot wear it as it is.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

No, your tailor won't be able to patch over that hole. Try invisible mending. Not sure of the results given where the hole is though

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

No, will always look what it is - crap damaged trousers. If you can send them back to the person/shop you bought them from do so, if not burn them.

Just as there is no such thing as a free lunch, there are no good clothes on line in this way for a "deep discount".

1 person likes this.
  4. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Well-Known Member

Ask your tailor to re-cut the angle of the pocket.

Paul Winston
    Winston Tailors/www.chippneckwear.com
    212 687-0850